Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time for some new figure announcements?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

About time for some new figure announcements?

With Superman Wave 1 shipping TWO months early, that means Conan and Tarzan should be here sometime within the next month. Typically FTC has announced a new wave or two right before the pre-orders start shipping for new waves. Mickey any insights into when we can expect new announcements about Batman Wave 4, or others?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I expect to see Batman 66 wave 3 shown soon.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

The Batman tv series was before my time so I really can't get into the figures. Wish I could, the line as a whole looks like it's FTC's best so far.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Honestly, they are worth a serious look even if you aren't into that version of the Bat. The quality of the costumes and head sculpts is on par with some of the high end 12" stuff out there. Pics I've seen of the second wave look just as good on those counts.

As for announcements, I would expect we get to see wave 3 of this line soon, especially as it will apparently include King Tut (finally, at last, Tut Tut will be mine!!!) and we've already seen a sneak peek at Mad Hatter. It's probably a bit soon for anything like Super Friends, as we only just saw the Jayna head sculpt. Maybe the Batman comic/classic line wave 4, as the heads for Ra's and Scarecrow have been around a while.

Comment

• houseofdracula
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          The Batman tv series was before my time so I really can't get into the figures. Wish I could, the line as a whole looks like it's FTC's best so far.
          This show was my introduction to Batman and it's still my favorite Batman.
          I was born in late 1967 so I don't remember the show in it's original run but I became a huge fan of it sometime around 1975.
          This was also the reason that I got into Mego's in the first place.
          I'd watch reruns of Batman, 3 times a day and then act out the episodes (best I could) with my Mego's.

So, as long as FTC is pumping out Batman 66 product, I'm buying.
          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• Wasimhosen
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 23, 2011

I was born in '66 and my childhood was much the same. I vaguely remember seeing the boxed figures at the end of a checkout line in Child World.
            Originally posted by houseofdracula
            This show was my introduction to Batman and it's still my favorite Batman.
            I was born in late 1967 so I don't remember the show in it's original run but I became a huge fan of it sometime around 1975.
            This was also the reason that I got into Mego's in the first place.
            I'd watch reruns of Batman, 3 times a day and then act out the episodes (best I could) with my Mego's.

So, as long as FTC is pumping out Batman 66 product, I'm buying.

Comment

• houseofdracula
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
              I was born in '66 and my childhood was much the same. I vaguely remember seeing the boxed figures at the end of a checkout line in Child World.
              It was a Great time to be a kid.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I thought I was old, but you guys are OLD!

I also got into the 1966 Batman series thanks to 70s re-runs. Mostly in black & white since we only had one color television and my Dad always had first dibs on that. There is nothing like a B&W TV, rabbit ears and a pair of pliers to turn the channel, all four of them!

Having these figures and then the whole series on DVD in November is something I think most of us never thought would happen.

Comment

• rjm118
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 25, 2012

Yeah I was born in '69 but remember watching and loving the original Batman series, my 6 yo nephew loves it now. I told him all Mego's are his in my will and he just looked at me all confused and said "I want to play with them now", my niece keeps asking for Poison Ivy, lol, I have no idea where she even heard of her.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    I thought I was old, but you guys are OLD!

I also got into the 1966 Batman series thanks to 70s re-runs. Mostly in black & white since we only had one color television and my Dad always had first dibs on that. There is nothing like a B&W TV, rabbit ears and a pair of pliers to turn the channel, all four of them!

Having these figures and then the whole series on DVD in November is something I think most of us never thought would happen.
                    Yeah I even missed the re-runs, for the most part. For me, the toys I had as a kid up till I was around 10 really interest me, but that's it. Megos were big back then so I love them, but the new stuff (unless it's a replica of toys I had as a kid) really don't interest me. It's the same thing with comics, I love the Batman comics from the 70s and early 80s, but don't collect anything after that.

Comment

• houseofdracula
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      Absolutely!
                      Up until recently, I always assumed that DC wanted to disassociate themselves from the 66 Batman.
                      I didn't realize it was due to licenses and just figured that all we'd ever have is Dark Batman for the rest of our lives.
                      I'm happy that I was wrong.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by houseofdracula
                        Absolutely!
                        Up until recently, I always assumed that DC wanted to disassociate themselves from the 66 Batman.
                        I didn't realize it was due to licenses and just figured that all we'd ever have is Dark Batman for the rest of our lives.
                        I'm happy that I was wrong.
                        ^^^ Me too! I'm so HAPPY w/ these BATMAN 1966 figures! My FAVORITE CHILDHOOD TV SHOWS from my earliest memories until school started consisted of: Daily re-runs of BATMAN 66, weekly episides of WONDER WOMAN w/ the LOVELY Lynda Carter, SUPER FRIENDS (especially Challenge of the Superfriends w/ the Legion Of Doom!), Filmation Batman 1977 & some rarely shown re-runs Filmation JLA, 1968 Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Atom, Teen Titans, Flash, Hawkman, & the LIVE Spiderman segments on the ELECTRIC COMPANY & finally Paula & Carrol on The MAGIC GARDEN, a kids public access TV show filmed & played in NYC but also HUGE in NYS (Tri-state area I think) so in UTICA NY we got the NYC channel WPIX that played it everday! I loved that show! Thundar the Barbarian & other countless Filmation 70s cartoons were also staples until the 80s brought me HE-MAN & The Masters Of The Universe & G.I. Joe which replaced all my broken megos of the 70s!

Because I grew up w/ daily BATMAN 66 re-runs I had no idea what order they were in, but my little boy stomach would flip w/ utter excitement every time I watched the Batman 66 cartoon opening & I'd watch intensely waiting to see if Batman threw a 2nd punch OR as I was hoping, that would be replaced w/ BATGIRL swinging unto the screen via her batrope to deliver a kick to a villain that would fill my toddler boy body with electricity & utter excitement! I LOVED HER! The ONLY thing that was almost as good was in the episodes w/out Batgirl (SEASONS 1 & 2) is when CATWOMAN (Julie Newmar) would appear! Imagine my excitement when I saw Batgirl swing in the cartoon opening & then saw a NAUGHTY Purrring dark beauty named CATWOMAN who scared me intensely & filled me w/ excitement in equal measures! When "The BLACK CATWOMAN" (yeah I wasn't a P.C. 70s Italian Toddler LOL) teamed up with The JOKER in that 2 part season 3 story, I was mesmerized completely! This is why I beg:

*FTC: PLEASE make a EARTHA KITT CATWOMAN! She should be released if BATGIRL is going to be, as Julie Newmar's Catwoman (of course should be the 1st released Catwoman) never appeared w/ BATGIRL in the classic series. I don't care at all about Lee Meriwether's Catwoman (would buy her IF she was the same price & the other 2 more deserving Cats were already released),.....BUT, I NEED to have a FTC: Batman 1966: Eartha KITT CATWOMAN! PLEASE don't SKIP that version! It was TV History in a sense & she has many fans that would buy her CATWOMAN figure that don't collect your other toys.....but possibly would once they see her doll! At least let us know if she's an eventual YES, MAYBE, or SADLY....a definite NO or NOT planned at This Time!
                        Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 25, '14, 1:27 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

I was born in 1970 and Adam West introduced me to Batman, too! I can remember the reruns as early as 1972 when I got my Mego 8" Removeable Cowl Batman figure! My Mom ordered it from Sears and my Aunt drove me to Sears to pick it up in a small brown box! I had ALL Mego Batman characters except Catwoman and had Batmobile, Batcave, Batcycle, and Jokermobile! Mego really cashed in on Batman TV reruns! *I met Adam West Feb. 1, 1999 my 29th birthday!

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Even though I prefer the more serious Darknight Detective I first saw in Swamp Thing #7, I grew up with the Adam West version. The first movie I ever saw at the theater was the Batman '66 movie. I only VERY vaguely recall seeing a couple of episodes in their first run (I was born in '63), but caught them all when they went into syndication shortly thereafter. I still enjoy the first season and a half as some really sharp satire, and the third season for the inclusion/introduction of Batgirl, even though stuff had gotten pretty silly by then. Given the decades long @#$%^&* match between Warners and Fox over the rights, I thought we'd never get a chance to see anything that wasn't in the movie (those rights were apparently different than the TV show's). Seeing the Hatter and Egghead, and the promise of Tut Tut and a Newmar Catwoman, all brings back those wonderful afternoons watching colorful, crazy characters gallivanting across my screen. And seeing them putting such effort into the figures makes it even better; they could have simply done them in classic Mego format and likely re-used a lot of pieces from the regular versions. Instead, they went all out to faithfully capture the characters as they appeared in that classic show. Thus, I hope we see MANY more reveals in this line.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ OVENMITT: I LOVE real life Mego memories! I wrote one in the FTC AQUAMAN vs The GREAT WHITE SHARK thread that was burned into my toddler memory, where I tried to buy that set at Rite Aide on Genesee St. in Utica NY at about 3-4 years old in the late 70s. I stepped on my tippy toes (my mother had NO idea what I was doing) & pushed the Aquaman vs SHARK box set on the counter. When the disembodied woman's voice said the price ($5.00 + tax) I proudly reached in my pocket, took out my life's savings & pushed my Nichol onto the counter! That's when the disembodied voice said: "Sorry honey, that isn't enough money.". I can still hear her voice like a recording! I was so disappointed! I forgot on the other thread to mention on the way home my mom gave me my first $5 bill & told me NOT to lose it or I couldn't buy it next time. I have no idea why, but within 30 seconds of getting it, I put my hand out the window as we were driving & just let it blow out of my hand! I have no idea why, but boy was I surprised when my mommy wouldn't stop the car on Genesee St. & go look for it! My mother was shocked because I WAS (lol) a really good & quiet child who NEVER was naughty besides that & 1 other time when she told me if she let go of my hand while waiting to cross the street (at my urging) I had to stay by her side. As soon as she let go, I ran into busy mid-day traffic on Bleeker St (my family's Bridal Shop was across the St.) & almost got hit by a huge truck & a car. Needless to say my 1st spanking came minutes after by my Grandmother in front of all the customers in the bridal shop! I guess that was the beginning of my life-long impulse control issue!
                              Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 25, '14, 3:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎