• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Shazam! DC Nation shorts

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

fans of Tawky Tawny and the old 70s show will get a kick out of this one!

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

Those were great!

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Loved 'em, the Doom Patrol ones were great too!
          Thanks for posting them!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Fun stuff! Thanks for posting.

This has me wondering (again!): When will WB release the Filmation 1981 Shazam! cartoons?
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 24, '14, 10:44 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Am I seeing little subliminal hints to introduce Shazam to the general public well in advance of a feature film? I think this is the courting phase of the relationship( or stalking, whatever suits you). I seriously think you're going to see a bunch of Shazam appearances in the next couple of years leading up to the movie. I think they are trying to build up the familiarity with the character first to supplement the ticket buying audience that will lay down their cash for anything the Rock does. They don't want to just bank on his name recognition, they are burning both ends of the cinematic candle to create awareness, anticipation and revenue. You won't see any complaints from me.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Looks like old school Captain Mar el isn't quite gone yet.

THE MULTIVERSITY: THUNDERWORLD #1
                Written by GRANT MORRISON
                Art and cover by CAMERON STEWART
                1:10 B&W Variant cover by CAMERON STEWART
                1:25 Variant cover by CLIFF CHIANG
                1:50 Variant cover by CULLY HAMNER
                1:100 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
                On sale DECEMBER 17 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
                Retailers: This issue will ship with five covers. Please see the order form for details.
                The fifth chapter of the greatest adventure in DC Comics history is here!
                Acclaimed for their collaborations on BATMAN AND ROBIN, SEAGUY and SEVEN SOLDIERS OF VICTORY: THE MANHATTAN GUARDIAN, superstar writer Grant Morrison and renowned artist Cameron Stewart deliver some magic to THE MULTIVERSITY with a breathtaking journey to Earth-5 – A.K.A. Thunderworld!
                With a single word, Billy Batson transforms from boy reporter for Whiz Media into the world’s Mightiest Mortal – Captain Marvel! Along with the other members of the Marvel Family, Captain Marvel battles dastardly villains like Mr. Mind and the Monster Society of Evil! But now, his greatest foe has attacked the Rock of Eternity – the source of the Marvel Family’s power – and it could mean the end of reality as we know it! What impossible villains are Sivana teaming up with who could spell doom for the Multiverse? From where did Sivana’s children get their newfound super powers? And what does the appearance of one mysterious comic book mean for the heroes of Thunderworld?
                Find out all that and more in this exciting issue that acts as chapter five of THE MULTIVERSITY.

CREDIT: DC Comics
                View full size image

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Now THAT...I may have to buy. I only hope the good Captain isn't pummeled to death at story's end, and Mary doesn't become a goth prostitute or something.

If they play it completely old school, this will be fantastic. The art is beautiful.

Am I seeing little subliminal hints to introduce Shazam to the general public well in advance of a feature film? I think this is the courting phase of the relationship( or stalking, whatever suits you). I seriously think you're going to see a bunch of Shazam appearances in the next couple of years leading up to the movie. I think they are trying to build up the familiarity with the character first to supplement the ticket buying audience that will lay down their cash for anything the Rock does. They don't want to just bank on his name recognition, they are burning both ends of the cinematic candle to create awareness, anticipation and revenue. You won't see any complaints from me.

I think Shazam! would make an excellent animated series for Cartoon Network right now. Even more so than in years before. Every single one of CN's shows that has some kind of adventure element is bizarre and semi-comedic. What's more bizarre than a talking tiger in a 3-piece suit, an evil worm with a radio on his chest, and a badguy named Mr. Banjo? Why WB doesn't exploit the snot out of this franchise is beyond me.

Chris
                  Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Sep 25, '14, 5:04 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Random Axe
                    It's been happening for the last few decades or so---it just hasn't worked yet.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎