Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toy Timelord
    Banned
    • Aug 4, 2014

Yeah, both of those figures were massively overproduced.

And yet, both initially could not keep up with demand. Who knew old wrinkly dudes wearing robes and carrying a stick had a sweet spot when it came to balancing supply and demand!?

Comment

• skullface
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 29, 2012

Toy time lord
      I have the reissue star wars mail away around somewhere,if you need one. I also have the 12 joe colton in both white and green. I might still have a sealed or boxed ghost obi too. I also have a Jar jar binks head with flicking tongue from the UK from tazo packs. lmk if you need the stuff....I am only doing 8in stuff now.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
        Banned
        • Aug 4, 2014

What reissue mail away are you talking about?

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
          I like the concept of Bossk. A "Secret" figure.
          What do you mean by a "secret" figure?
          Scott

Comment

• skullface
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 29, 2012

Toy Timelord. The star wars walmart mailway with Chewy,r2,leia and luke. Reissue early bird set from 05

Comment

• TomStrong
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2011

Hf
              Originally posted by cjefferys
              I ordered a Steppenwolf, but I never got a record with him though (maybe Kenner Canada didn't include one but Kenner US did?). By this point I was a teenager, and my gears switched from playing to "collecting" toys. Around this time I also ordered a Hooded Cobra Commander, a Fridge figure and a bunch of figures from the first series of GI Joe RAH. I had little brochures (I can't remember where they came from) that allowed me to order a bunch of figures, (eg. Flash, Zap, Major Bludd, etc) really cheap. It might have been a Canada only thing perhaps? (not much of an expert on this toy line!)
              I remember mailing away for Steppenwolf as a kid and remembering it took forever for him to come in the mail. I also remember playing the record and thinking I had died and gone to action figure heaven. I've still got him. Glad you guys brought it up.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                Banned
                • Aug 4, 2014

Originally posted by Action Martin
                What do you mean by a "secret" figure?
                He was marketed on cardbacks as a Secret figure, meaning you didn't know the name or look of the figure until he showed up in your mailbox!

Sometimes I think the pre-internet days were better. No spoilers, just speculation.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                  Banned
                  • Aug 4, 2014

Originally posted by skullface
                  Toy Timelord. The star wars walmart mailway with Chewy,r2,leia and luke. Reissue early bird set from 05
                  Not interested in Colton. Only interested in the new Early Bird set if it has the figures and a sealed, unused envelope.

Really, the only current mailaway I desire is the vintage style rocket Fett.

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

He was marketed on cardbacks as a Secret figure, meaning you didn't know the name or look of the figure until he showed up in your mailbox!

Sometimes I think the pre-internet days were better. No spoilers, just speculation.
                    I remember the early cards going from secret figure to Bossk. But I seem to recall Bossk's face appearing in the promotion. Was the offer for Bossk available after ESB was released?
                    Scott

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                      Banned
                      • Aug 4, 2014

Yup.

Bossk was advertised on ESB cards, I think the Secret Figure was mostly on 20-21 Back SW cards.

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Yup.

Bossk was advertised on ESB cards, I think the Secret Figure was mostly on 20-21 Back SW cards.
                        That's probably what I am remembering then. Heck, back in those days every mail away could have been a "secret figure" and I would have still sent away for them.
                        Scott

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

i also liked getting william the refrigerator perry for gi joe and sgt slaughter!

Comment

• MysteryWho
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 16, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                            I ordered a Steppenwolf, but I never got a record with him though (maybe Kenner Canada didn't include one but Kenner US did?). By this point I was a teenager, and my gears switched from playing to "collecting" toys. Around this time I also ordered a Hooded Cobra Commander, a Fridge figure and a bunch of figures from the first series of GI Joe RAH. I had little brochures (I can't remember where they came from) that allowed me to order a bunch of figures, (eg. Flash, Zap, Major Bludd, etc) really cheap. It might have been a Canada only thing perhaps? (not much of an expert on this toy line!)
                            Yes! I remember that cheap figure offer for the original series figures! I know I sent away for several 'cause they were so affordable but I messed it up somehow and only got a few of the ones I wanted! It could have been a Canadian thing, I'm not sure.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                              Banned
                              • Aug 4, 2014

Comment

• nazgul
                                Lord of Light
                                • May 2, 2011

Here's a link for a bossk for sale...seems a bit high...but he is very complete...

You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎