Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The problem with upgrading bodies is that the FTC body is smaller than vintage & reMego--so sometimes the clothes are tailored too small or too tight to allow a switch.

So restringing rises as a potentially better (& less expensive) option.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 24, '14, 4:16 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

And as I said, its pointless to even mess with Joker or Penguin as you won't get any more posability out of them with all the restrictions from the clothing.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
        Zica? Are these the same bodies that were on the two Buck Rogers figures? If so, they are really nice (as were the figures as a whole, head, body and costuming; those two were a high mark for the 8" scale, no argument), but I've got a little different perspective here. Bandless bodies are not what I want, because the banded, Mego type 2 bodies are easily disassembled, and that's a MAJOR requirement for a customizer like me. I don't want a bunch of different styled bodies if I can avoid it, either, so FTC's bodies are basically the best option for what I specifically want and need. Different needs mean different priorities.
        The Type S is different than the Buck Rogers body. The Type S bodies are held together with screws and are made specifically to be easy to take apart for customization. Heck, even I moved a couple of FTC figures to them and I am the furthest thing from being a customizer!

You may like the Mego Type 2 body better in the end, but you should really try out a Type S body.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

looking at CTVT's site it would be really easy to make henchmen for Egghead, they were just bald guys in suits. Bergman from 1999 would work.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            The problem with upgrading bodies is that the FTC body is smaller than vintage & reMego--so sometimes the clothes are tailored too small or too tight to allow a switch.

So restringing rises as a potentially better (& less expensive) option.
            Once again,NOT True...I have converted Batman,Robin,Joker,Riddler,Egghead,and Penguin ALL Successfully on the Type S body....Poses Just FINE and blows away any kind of FTC poses

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            And as I said, its pointless to even mess with Joker or Penguin as you won't get any more posability out of them with all the restrictions from the clothing.
            Sorry,but My figures pose just fine...

Originally posted by TRDouble
            The Type S is different than the Buck Rogers body. The Type S bodies are held together with screws and are made specifically to be easy to take apart for customization. Heck, even I moved a couple of FTC figures to them and I am the furthest thing from being a customizer!

You may like the Mego Type 2 body better in the end, but you should really try out a Type S body.
            Best Mego Body on the market! period!

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

The negativity in this thread is sad.

I am SUPER excited for these toys to arrive!
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
                If you never tried them,then you don't know what your missing and you can't really say anything about the comparison....Type S Zica bodies ARE THE BEST MEGO WANNA-BE BODIES OUT THERE!! ... Heavier plastic (not cheap feeling like FTC),Superior poseability,and No Rubber Bands preventing from maximum posing! FTC is good for the heads and clothing (that's it!)
                The Type S bodies I have were very inconsistent about accepting FTC heads. Some heads fit like a drum, others were floppy loose.

If you plan on keeping all your figures loose and want to constantly play with them and pose them in different ways, then the Type S body might be worth the money. But if your figures are just for display, loose or carded, there's no reason to do a body swap. Just my opinion as someone that bought Type S bodies that now sit in boxes.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Brown Bear

what negativity?

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  The Type S bodies I have were very inconsistent about accepting FTC heads. Some heads fit like a drum, others were floppy loose.

If you plan on keeping all your figures loose and want to constantly play with them and pose them in different ways, then the Type S body might be worth the money. But if your figures are just for display, loose or carded, there's no reason to do a body swap. Just my opinion as someone that bought Type S bodies that now sit in boxes.
                  There is a reason to SWAP...it's called a Unified Collection and AGAIN,greater poseability FTC bodies are light as a feather while holding the S Type actually feels like holding a quality Mego figure

Pics below (all converted on S Types)

100_6794.jpg100_6795.jpg100_6796.jpg100_6797.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Teemu, I'm not trying to start an argument, & I wouldn't have posted had I not actually tried swaps. Some of my swaps (Batman, Robin, Riddler) went well. Some did not, particularly Joker, Wayne, & Grayson.

The clothing does vary in size; even older CTVT clothes ran small. I'm just offering an option, and some advice based on my personal experience.

As for Type S, I think it's excellent and am not discouraging its use in general.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      That could also indicate a difference in heads, not bodies per se.

Adjusting neck-plugs is common, & easy enough with tape or rubber ponytail bands.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 24, '14, 7:34 PM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
                        Pics below (all converted on S Types)
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]12616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12619[/ATTACH]
                        Teemu, these look all incredible... Thanks for sharing.

I do love the Type "S" body but because I'm a MIP/MOC it really doesn't hurt me how crappy FTC bodies may be. I must however say that their China bodies are waaaaaay superior than their India bodies...

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 24, 2009

I got 66 Penguin today (for my anniversary!) I must say it is incredible! It is possibly one of the finest Re-Mego's I have ever seen. The suit is so nice with a silky feel to it, the way the shoes are painted, the monocle, the removable top hat and the bend at the tip of the cigarette holder so it can be posed in multiple positions all show such great attention to detail. FTC really nailed it with this one. The only thing I can critique is the shoes fit loosely and he has no socks. I think I will give him some socks, and that will help the loos shoe thing as well. As for the bodies, I am fine with the FTC one it is good enough for display. I really don't want to spend money just to upgrade a body when I would rather use new bodies to make more customs!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Brown Bear

I'm just said that Teemu felt the need to turn yet another thread into that dead horse he keeps beating. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎