Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Meet in Skokie is like peanut butter and chocolate; delicious!
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Toy Timelord
      Banned
      • Aug 4, 2014

well, it was a good run.

Oh well. Have fun in Skokie.

Comment

• argent007
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 7, 2005

Hi guys. I've been on the boards for awhile, but I've not been to a Mego Meet. I've been working in Afghanistan since 2012. Good chance that I will be ending my assignment and returning to the USA in time to attend this summer's Meet. The Skokie location will be great for me because it should be in driving distance. Really looking forward to it!
        My Updated Want List:
        Comic book original art
        1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
        Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2011

Want to try and donate some print work to MM 2015

Who would be a good contact person to PM ?

Who handles marketing and promotion for the MM event ?

Can someone please PM me.

Thank you
          Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
          :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
          I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

March is upon us and Although there is still Snow in the Forecast for the next week here in the North East I can not help but be excited...

SO, 94 Days and counting People!!!

Is there anything other than the Brilliant Mego Meet Custom Figure that we can reveal.
            Is there anything we can look Forward to, Paul Wasson anything special up your sleeve for this year
            David Lee any more Henchen X or like Planned
            Scott Dida Displays will you be making an appearance with any goodies???
            Doc any news on the Male and Female Bodies...

Sellers what will you be bringing
            Buyers what are you looking for

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I can't wait for Mego meet! I got a room and plane tickets for me and my son and with the new Chicago location, I don't think he'll have to miss any school this year.

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
              Is there anything we can look Forward to, Paul Wasson anything special up your sleeve for this year
              Aside from helping some other people with their offerings I plan to have a few new things this year. I been experiment with some new materials so hopefully I'll have something different this year in addition to the usual offerings. I'll post more closer to the event.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by pmwasson
                Aside from helping some other people with their offerings I plan to have a few new things this year. I been experiment with some new materials so hopefully I'll have something different this year in addition to the usual offerings. I'll post more closer to the event.
                I am literally getting the jitters about the idea of seeing your next next game-changing innovations! Every single year there is newness on your table that makes my head explode.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

Happy to say while I am taking a break this month due to a vacation, I am more than 50% saved with my "cash on hand" MM funds., not included back up back money. Looking forward to seeing everyone hopefully bringing back a special piece (or two)>

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

It's been awhile... Update Update Update!!!
                    57 DAYS TILL MEGO MEET XI !!!

So far we have seen...

Scott A's Mego Meet Exclusive Figure... Excellent Figure BY THE WAY!
                    Ok boys and girls here is the Official Mego Meet 2015 Exclusive figure. I am proud to present Amalgam Comics Super-Soldier. Figure will come with head, body, suit, belt, boots, "S" shield and sticker emblem. He will come in a WGSH style box. Special thanks to Doc, Paul, Austin and Mike for their help. Cost will

Steve has shown a bit of the Auction goodies... and that Big toy auction will be making the trip to Skoki to do the honors once again (The Mrs. is thrilled about this) lol

Austin has offered up Pre orders from his vast Library of Heads and outfits
                    http://megomuseum.com/community/show...5-EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art has mentioned that he purchased a table for ---- MARK WAID!

So what else is there in store for us in this all too brief but Highly Anticipated Weekend...
                    Sellers what are you Bringing...
                    Buyers what are your needs... What are you needing to add to your collection...
                    Do we know the Discussion Pannels
                    Any other Presences we can look Forward to... EMCE... DST...FTC... RUN DMC LOL Sorry Yes it was cheesy but I couldnt resist...

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

Hit a couple of bumps in the road, after (and still being over 50% saved), car needs brakes and cabin fever has gotten the best of me so I scheduled a few other things before MM. In the past April & May were "lockdown months" but work has been so crazy not having anything to look forward too until June isn't happening. That said I expect to have my original goal or close to it as far as funds.

My #1 want this year is a 1976 carded Supergirl. I would also be cool with a 77 pin pin if the price was right. Two reasons #1 I had the opportunity to get one last October but was not prepared and there was no way for me to pull it off. #2: There is no factory "stand in" For example I'm Ok with FTC Riddler, Catwoman and Wonder Woman for now because they bear a resemblance to the originals. If I got a Catwoman or Riddler I don't see an issue selling the FTC versions since there's a decent pool of potential buyers. Unfortunately when FTC did the Superman wave they moved away from the classic Mego style card so I have no stand in in. Sorry Kev, I know you hated carded figures

#2-US carded Thing. I have the other three FF on US cards no 'nuff said there. Whether I'll have enough left if I find SG is another matter.

#3-Boxed Conan or Isis: I need only three boxed figures to finish my run. Shazam is easy and these two are tough.

Depending on what funds I have left I may go for some of the easier pieces I still need or like carded Hulk, Isis or boxed Shazam.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

I'm probably going to buy up a ton of remego like FTC and venture bros. My main goal this year collecting wise is a complete set of Magnificent Team. That has been a grail of mine for a while but I haven't found a seller with all 12 figs. I much prefer to buy all at once instead of piecemeal.

I will be in Skokie Wednesday afternoon and will either just chill in my room or venture out with Austin or go hit up Arts store. After the last four months I've had I need this more than ever.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                          70's Era Pimp
                          • Sep 7, 2011

Is it June yet????

Comment

• Flynne
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jan 22, 2003

If someone could bring Denim Carded Pocket Heroes, I can guarantee that someone will have cash on hand for them.
                            An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• David Lee
                              The Fix-it-up Chappie
                              • Jun 10, 2002

Henshin X will be there, along with some cool new announcements and design reveals... I plan to be busy selling stuff and talking about the future This marks the tenth anniversary of Castaway Toys so expects some fun stuff!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎