• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Countdown to Mego Meet XI

I'm back!!! lol

Well It is a couple of weeks later than I started being a pest Last year (Sept 7 ) to be exact lol

I thought with today being the beginning of the end of the Summer and the gloom of Winter about to set in on us Northerners lol, I would start the thread that gets us all Excited for the Ids of March and Springtime... Dare I say it!!!

ONLY 254 DAYS TILL MEGO MEET XI

Let's Get That Hotel Post UP!!!

Hampton Inn here we come!!!

Anyone else as excited as I am
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I'm as excited as you are dude. I'm just coming off the buzz of Mego North (which we moved from January) and I'm feeling the long winter until Mego Meet. Hoping the MegOhio guys can give me an excuse to make a road trip. How about Mego Bronx? 8)
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

I know Vinny026 has been trying to to put something together for this area, Lord knows there are enough of us in the tri state area, I guess its all about Timing and time of year. Doc tried to put something together at Eternal Con out in Long Island but the Timing just wasn't there, it's the weekend right after Mego Meet, I went in 2013 and it was just ok, and last year was just ehhhh... If we were to pull it off it would have to be in the outer boroughs... The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens or SI, but Manhattan would be out of the question,Too Expensive even for me.

But in the Meantime 253 days and counting lol

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

There are stages of excitement for me. On that front, it's a bit early for movement. But it goes like something this...

1-Annoucement of the event is made and I book the Hotel and buy my registration.

2-Once I confirmed I send an E-mail to my bosses at work securing the days is advance since vacation time is not available to be entered until the New Year.

3-New years comes and first chance I get my vacation is entered. Then the real countdown begins.

My only concern is we recently merged with another company. Very little integration has happened yet, but I know that won't last. Hoping to get my days in before the craziness (right now expected to be February starts and it won't interfere with my plans.

Comment

• batmanmc
          mego batman collector
          • Jun 22, 2004

im looking forward to it . Bronx if you do get it together im in rhode island and would probably attend. depeding on when and where. mike

Comment

• Mego-Brat
            • Feb 12, 2008

When and where will the next Mego Meet take place?

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

We're hoping to make the official MM announcement in October. Exciting.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Johnny
                Salty
                • Oct 1, 2003

I vote for: A:Vancouver B:Seattle C:Los Angeles

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megoknight
                  It's november.
                  Yes and I said "hoping".

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

Wait, what is this mego meet thing?

Lol

2015 could be challenging for me due to my job change and no vacation time. I'll do my best to come with Sean again, maybe carpool with Boss for fun. Fingers crossed time off work goes in my favor. I'd sure hate to miss it.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by noelani72
                      Wait, what is this mego meet thing?

Lol

2015 could be challenging for me due to my job change and no vacation time. I'll do my best to come with Sean again, maybe carpool with Boss for fun. Fingers crossed time off work goes in my favor. I'd sure hate to miss it.
                      Congrats on the gig! We'll be announcing hopefully soon to give everyone a wide berth.

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Thanks guys. Yea I got a gig fixing iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, LG G2's, Xbox 360s, PS3s, you name it.
                        Little less money than I was making before, but no drama, no politics.
                        I love it

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

It's official - we're headed to Skokie!

For the past ten years, the annual Mego Meet made its home in Wheeling, WV. It was clear after Mego Meet 10 that maximum density had been surpassed in Wheeling and that a change of venue was in order. The move to Skokie, IL. will allow for easy access for those travelling by plane, as well as provide a myriad of options for

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                            Permanent Member
                            • Mar 7, 2011

Booking as soon as the hotel link is ready!!! ��

Comment

• Random Axe
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Apr 16, 2008

Oh yeah, I'm jazzed for this. I did feel like I adopted an unwanted city in Wheenling each Summer, but it's time to let them go. This is going to be a nice, fresh start to the Meet andd open up a bunch of new possibilities. It's quite a bit longer of a drive for me, but it will be so worth it. Of course having the Kruger Street basement for free was a nice setup, but this new venue will upgrade everything. And, having the show in the same place we are staying is the best thing we've ever done.
                              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎