Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not do individual figs of Aquaman, Shazam, GA before the 2-packs? I don't get it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    How is that 'taking advantage'? They are putting 2 figures together and charging an extra $10 for the set. Some here think it's worth it, others do not. Personally, I've only bought 1 of the 2-packs because the others just didn't appeal to me.

Now if they eventually offer a Green Lantern/Green Arrow 2-pack with the cover from Green Lantern 76 on the card art, I'll be all over that.
    Back off Batman, I swear if someone said that FTC's website was slow you'd say you like it slow because it builds anticipation. By 'taking advantage of' I mean they are 'making good use of' or 'benefiting from' the higher sticker price. If they sold the single figures first, less people would buy the 2 packs. If they sell the 2 packs first, they can charge an extra $10, and get more people to buy them that way. There is nothing wrong with it, it's good business as opposed to charging people before they have the product to ship or shipping defective product, which is bad business.
    Last edited by jayraytee; Sep 23, '14, 3:41 PM.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
      Back off Batman, I swear if someone said that FTC's website was slow you'd say you like it slow because it builds anticipation.
      You know me, I am an obvious shill for FTC and secretly working for them. Good thing we have board rules against such personal attacks.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Personal attacks... geez. Look you immediatly jumped to the conclusion that I meant FTC was exploiting the customers by using the term 'taking advantage' of the higher sticker price, when I actually meant the alternate definition which is to 'benefit from.' I wouldn't say they are exploiting their customers unless they knowingly keep selling incorrectly assembled products. You may not be a shill for FTC, but if you feel an obsessive need to jump on any post that even resembles being negative toward FTC.. that could borderline on harrassment. Especially if your intention is to either belittle the complaint or discredit the person making the complaint. By puting the word Problem in quotations in the other thread that implies that the problem is imaginary or less of an issue than the people are making it out to be. It's belittling. You often add to your passive agrressive attack a little comment about how some like the issue and some don't, as if it's just a matter of taste. Some people like incorrectly assembled figures, some don't... no need to complain... its a non-issue. I for one am getting tired of it. If your intention is to help FTC it is backfiring. The legitimate problems people have voiced their opinions over plus your self appointed or not need to defend them is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. If things are not addressed soon, they may start seeing sales fall off even more than they already have.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

If things are not addressed soon, they may start seeing sales fall off even more than they already have.
          Sales at FTC are falling off? That's big news, got a source?

Comment

• Astronut
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 21, 2010

Oh come on. The guy said "May start seeing" sales fall off.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Astronut
              Oh come on. The guy said "May start seeing" sales fall off.
              ..."even more than they already have."

Comment

• toyman
                Just Another Collector
                • Sep 1, 2008

I cancelled my 3 sets of two packs because of their actions with the credit cards and I'm sure I'm not alone in doing that and that was almost a $200 order, those start adding up after a while.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

POTOS, Jay explained his post pretty thoroughly, and you smoothed your ruffled feathers with a partial quote pretty quickly. Then you called out rules you've already violated yourself. Classy.

When you hold yourself to the same standards you constantly push for others, you'll have improved the culture you're constantly critiquing here.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    POTOS, Jay explained his post pretty thoroughly, and you smoothed your ruffled feathers with a partial quote pretty quickly. Then you called out rules you've already violated yourself. Classy.
                    Thanks. The fact that you would mention this after breaking those same rules yourself in replies to me here multiple times says a lot about you as a person. (Sound familiar?)

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

Personal attacks... geez. Look you immediatly jumped to the conclusion that I meant FTC was exploiting the customers by using the term 'taking advantage' of the higher sticker price, when I actually meant the alternate definition which is to 'benefit from.' I wouldn't say they are exploiting their customers unless they knowingly keep selling incorrectly assembled products. You may not be a shill for FTC, but if you feel an obsessive need to jump on any post that even resembles being negative toward FTC.. that could borderline on harrassment. Especially if your intention is to either belittle the complaint or discredit the person making the complaint. By puting the word Problem in quotations in the other thread that implies that the problem is imaginary or less of an issue than the people are making it out to be. It's belittling. You often add to your passive agrressive attack a little comment about how some like the issue and some don't, as if it's just a matter of taste. Some people like incorrectly assembled figures, some don't... no need to complain... its a non-issue. I for one am getting tired of it. If your intention is to help FTC it is backfiring. The legitimate problems people have voiced their opinions over plus your self appointed or not need to defend them is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. If things are not addressed soon, they may start seeing sales fall off even more than they already have.
                      ^^^ YAY!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Thanks. The fact that you would mention this after breaking those same rules yourself in replies to me here multiple times says a lot about you as a person. (Sound familiar?)
                        I don't think anyone here recalls PNGwynne calling you (or anyone else) an A**###E! That was you.
                        Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 23, '14, 5:38 PM.

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

Again.. pounce on only what you see as an insult to FTC... and question the valifity of my point, which is to insult me personally. Predictable.
                          It has been well documented that later series of figures have not 'sold out' as quickly as earlier ones. Plus several people have done some estimates based on the numbers on the shipping boxes, if you would pay attention to what people post and not just have these relentless knee jerk reactions you might see that people have been giving FTC more credit than their past reputation would deserve.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Again.. pounce on only what you see as an insult to FTC... and question the valifity of my point, which is to insult me personally.
                            Or maybe I was simply asking for a source for your statement? If I said that sales were increasing because Batman Wave 3 sold out much quicker than Waves 1 or Wave 2, you would likely challenge that claim, just as I challenged yours.

Right?

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

I would think the two-packs have a better profit margin. Even though the final product is bigger, it's less materials, and the figures are a kind of two'fers; one production run for two releases. So the production cost doesn't go up as it would for two different releases of one character.

Also, every figure released so far is a Mego repro, so they have no investment in design, only in molds/patterns, and they've had some of those costs built-in for years. For example, the only new investment in Shazam is the emblem, cuffs and belt. The head, body, suit, cape and boots have been in their pipeline for years. So the new material costs per figure is what? Maybe two bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎