Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not do individual figs of Aquaman, Shazam, GA before the 2-packs? I don't get it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astronut
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 21, 2010

Why not do individual figs of Aquaman, Shazam, GA before the 2-packs? I don't get it.

Kind of odd they don't release them as individual figures first, isn't it?
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

Not when FTC realized they can get MORE $$$ for them this way, getting the exclusives buyers & the immediate gratification & make $10 per set (- if they have morecosts related tp that specific 2-pack's artwork & the possibly more expensive custom clamshells???) I have skipped every FTC Batman 66 DC 2-pack exclusive, & for a OCD driven mad ma when it comes to toys....I'm pretty damn proud of myself! & I hope everyone that does get to buy them enjoys them! $10 more per limited 2-pack seems fair. //I would have bitten on some of the cooler Batman 66 exclusives, but I'm not digging the $35+S/H price tags. Although they do have different costumes at east, making their price more accurate IMO.

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

When I ordered 3 DC 2-packs August 22 I did not have 5 of the figures- Superman, Shazam, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Supergirl (I had Batgirl) and I knew FTC would eventually release single carded NON Fist Fighters of Shazam, Aquaman, and Green Arrow but I was happy to get them early even if it meant spending $5 more a figure in the 2-packs! And yes I had pre-ordered Superman Series 1 SETS!

I might hold off or even pass on Super Powers Fist Fighters since regular versions will be released. I have been buying multiples of regular DC and Batman TV figures anyway!

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I'm leaving the two-packs alone because it's enough money to spend on collecting the individual figures to worry about package variants. And I get FTC releasing those first and more power to them, but I'm just sticking to the standard releases. That's plenty and I'm quite happy with the volume. Thank God Christmas is around the corner...

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

They will likely sell a lot more of the two-packs this way; I would have passed on them had they not had the new figures in them. My only concern would be that this might reduce sales on the individually carded figures for folks like me who may not buy duplicates just for the package (I save these cards, but the figures get opened as soon as they arrive).

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
            They will likely sell a lot more of the two-packs this way; I would have passed on them had they not had the new figures in them. My only concern would be that this might reduce sales on the individually carded figures for folks like me who may not buy duplicates just for the package (I save these cards, but the figures get opened as soon as they arrive).
            I think this is correct. I think the first series of 2-packs took a lot longer to sell than FTC thought, so they switched gears with the 2nd series and offered some of the new figures in the 2-packs first. Sort of an 'impulse' buy because some collectors can't wait for the individual figures.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 23, 2011

I'm surprised there's still exclusives available. I thought with 600 for the '66 and 100-200 for the 2 packs they'd be gone a lot quicker.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

I'm inclined to think the 2-packs were done first to further distance FTC from Mattel's figures. If it were me, I'd be doing my best to avoid the whole, "Yes, these are cool, but why buy these if Mattel already did the same figures on roughly the same schedule."

I have to respect them for churning out the 2-packs like this.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                  I'm inclined to think the 2-packs were done first to further distance FTC from Mattel's figures. If it were me, I'd be doing my best to avoid the whole, "Yes, these are cool, but why buy these if Mattel already did the same figures on roughly the same schedule."

JeffBearCO
                  Hadn't thought of that; there is some sound reasoning there.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Yeah I suspect they are taking advantage of the higher sticker price.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                      EGG-xactly!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                        How is that 'taking advantage'? They are putting 2 figures together and charging an extra $10 for the set. Some here think it's worth it, others do not. Personally, I've only bought 1 of the 2-packs because the others just didn't appeal to me.

Now if they eventually offer a Green Lantern/Green Arrow 2-pack with the cover from Green Lantern 76 on the card art, I'll be all over that.

Comment

• drogge
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 24, 2009

I would be more excited about the 2 packs if there was a variation in the custom or character, or perhaps an added assesory. More bang for the buck. Right now it appears as a way to recycle product. There is no reason to upcharge 10 bucks. The set should be slightly cheaper if you ask me. Give people a deal, so they keep coming back for more. I want this line to continue with great success, I just don't want to see the same exact characters repackaged as if they are new.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            How is that 'taking advantage'? They are putting 2 figures together and charging an extra $10 for the set. Some here think it's worth it, others do not. Personally, I've only bought 1 of the 2-packs because the others just didn't appeal to me.

Now if they eventually offer a Green Lantern/Green Arrow 2-pack with the cover from Green Lantern 76 on the card art, I'll be all over that.
                            Don't tease me; that would possibly be the one and only thing I would actually get an extra for to keep in the package.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jeffbearco

JeffBearCO
                              I don't respect them for "churning" anything out--and that's a term that's occurred to other collectors as well. In fact, it's also been mentioned to me by a retailer.

I support FTC--their intentions, improvement, and customer service deserve praise. But some of what we've seen is shoddy, sloppy, and poorly-designed IMO. "Good enough (for display, some say) is not good enough for me, some of these glitches are embarrassing.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎