X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Dukes Of Hazzard fans/experts

I heard in later years they actually did some of the car stunts in miniature to save money. Is this true and I would love to know where I can find an example.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • Mongoose1983
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2010

Last week I was watching a couple of episodes from the last season (the 7th one, from 1985-86) and most stunts were made with model cars. I noticed the same thing in the last seasons of The Fall Guy. I'm so happy back in the day TV sets weren't as precise as today, otherwise I wouldn't have been such a huge fan of these series.
    www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=23692

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by mego73
      I heard in later years they actually did some of the car stunts in miniature to save money. Is this true and I would love to know where I can find an example.
      This is both true and false...they did use miniatures towards the end of the series, but not to save money. The fact is, every time they jumped a General Lee, it was pretty much totaled. They destroyed over 320 Dodge Chargers (1968-69 models) during the show's run. It got so bad they would wreck a car on one side and still use it, filming it only from the other side. They resorted to miniatures near the end because they literally ran out of real cars.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎