Originally posted by Brown Bear
    He am not have big head.
    LOL...best post I've seen in a while.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      It will be interesting to see what the Super Powers figures look like. I am cautiously hoping that the body functionality is on par with the original Fist Fighters, but will want to see what others think after they get their's.
      Also interested in seeing what the bodies are like. Never had the original versions, but I always assumed they had a similar construction to Fonzie. I'm wondering especially how the legs will attach in the new versions.

Back to Supes and company, anyone else contemplating getting a pair of tall red boots for Supergirl? I know the original figure had the goofy ballet slippers that appeared for a while in the comics, but most of her time in that costume, she had regular super style boots like her cousin.

Comment

• megodarryl
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 31, 2006

Originally posted by scott metzger

Back to Supes and company, anyone else contemplating getting a pair of tall red boots for Supergirl?.
        Yes, I have the boots ready!

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
          Just ordered the Superman wave!
          Paid with paypal yesterday, and got my shipping notice today! Can't wait to see them!
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
            • Jul 21, 2014

Back to Supes and company, anyone else contemplating getting a pair of tall red boots for Supergirl?
            My tall, red boots are here and waiting for my new Supergirl figure.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

I really hope SUPERGIRL's NECK isn't sealed in the body. We are shown prototypes of correctly assembled figures when we pre-order. FTC needs to do these right. If their factory screwed up the female bodies, make the FACTORY eat the cost & pay for their mistake, not the customers you want to keep happy & loyal!

So guys, hope to see your pics & reviews of the SUPER WAVE 1. Mine x2 SETS will be coming from EE so mine are going to be awhile!

Comment

• Wondergrrrl
                • Sep 17, 2014

I've been so excited about Supergirl, that I never noticed that Figures Toy Company got the part in her hair wrong. A simple elegant side-part and they managed to screw it up. Honestly, I wonder if they even care when it comes to the female dolls in the line. It really seems like the quality is phoned in...after the fact. I'm paying how much when I'm going to be the one sorting out what's wrong with the doll?

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Wondergrrrl
                  I've been so excited about Supergirl, that I never noticed that Figures Toy Company got the part in her hair wrong. A simple elegant side-part and they managed to screw it up. Honestly, I wonder if they even care when it comes to the female dolls in the line. It really seems like the quality is phoned in...after the fact. I'm paying how much when I'm going to be the one sorting out what's wrong with the doll?
                  Hey Wondergrrrl, Welcome to the Megomuseum!

To be honest I am hoping that the Supergirl FTC has shown is a prototype using a head from their inventory, but in the 2-pack prototype pics it looks like a mego Supergirl whose hair is old & matted. But in the regular SUPERGIRL FTC prototype pics I believe that is just one of their BLONDE female heads that CTVT sells. So...........

***I am HOPING that FTC follows the trend of their male figures where the finished product is vastly superior to their prototype (- Alfred where he was better but still BIG headed). So I'm holding out hope that the FINAL Production FTC SUPERGIRL figure will have the SIDE PART in her golden locks! This is why FTC should IMMEDIATELY change their pics as soon as their FINISHED product arrives....unless they are hiding something lol. REALLY

***FTC IF you have had the NEW DC figures for the 2-packs for awhile, since you billed everyone who pre-ordered those, & were just waiting on the 2-pack clamshells...... WHY NOT UPDATE your Site w/ ACTUAL FINAL PRODUCTION pics of the figures themselves?????
                  Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 18, '14, 8:22 PM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

Anyone receive these yet? FTC ships PRIORITY Mail.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

My hope is that when they start doing female figures that Mego never made, they step it up like they have other figures. I'm eagerly hoping to see a prototype of a female in the 66 line like Catwoman or Batgirl, or even the regular Batman line like Poison Ivy. I think that is why they seem to be stalling on new female figures. Maybe they are even working on a better body like Matel put of for Wonder Woman in their line.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                        My hope is that when they start doing female figures that Mego never made, they step it up like they have other figures. I'm eagerly hoping to see a prototype of a female in the 66 line like Catwoman or Batgirl, or even the regular Batman line like Poison Ivy. I think that is why they seem to be stalling on new female figures. Maybe they are even working on a better body like Matel put of for Wonder Woman in their line.

JeffBearCO
                        ^^^ I'm doubting that FTC is going to change their female body anytime soon because I think they would probably be afraid of changing the "Mego" look they are striving for. I personally would love an upgrade, but at least if they went back to the FTC body they used on CATWOMAN in series 2 that was CORRECTLY ASSEMBLED, & not delivered to us customers broken like Batgirl & Wonder Woman, I'd be much happier! Also, I actually predicted POISON IVY was coming a month or so before they showed her on the cardback of the Wave 3 Batman retro wave. I based that Poison IVY was forthcoming as soon as FTC put their SHORT female boots on their CTVT site in yellow, red & green. BUT, I mistakenly thought that since FTC was using the factory to produce PROPER MEGO SUPER GAL boots in those colors for Batgirl & WW, they decided to produce the short style female boots at the same time to sell for customs. I would have started complaining to FTC for them to use the proper colored boots they show in their prototype pics to solicit preorders sooner, not that it would of made a difference at that point. I wish they would address this INCORRECTLY ASSEMBLED female body w/ the NECK issues on Facebook & their sites to let customers KNOW these "exact reproductions of their 70's counterparts' produced by Mego, will differ in the following ways: ________ ----that's when FTC can list the many subtle to obvious differences for their great FTC interpretations of each character's 70s mego counterpart! Honesty goes a Loooooong LONG way w/ this OCD-ridden Toy collector!

So If the FTC SUPERGIRL comes on the incorrectly assembled female body & her head doesn't have the side part w/ some side swept bangs, that will mean 3/4 (or 75%) of the Mego SUPER GALS were fowled up in varying degrees! When FTC puts out such GREAT MALE WGH (WGSH) figures, it does send the message the FTC SUPER GALS are less of a priority to them, even if that's not the case & the females are harder for them to master. Communication & Honesty on the products we'll rec'v AFTER preordering for many of us, would be refreshing & to me is expected. Rant over lol! -- invisiblelad
                        Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 20, '14, 1:16 PM.

Comment

• dee T.
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 25, 2012

Back to Supes and company, anyone else contemplating getting a pair of tall red boots for Supergirl? I know the original figure had the goofy ballet slippers that appeared for a while in the comics, but most of her time in that costume, she had regular super style boots like her cousin.
                          I am going to get boots for mine when I order my Supergirl too. I really don't like those slippers.
                          Clothes make the doll

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

THe Supergirl in the prototype does appear to simply use the generic female head they already have; it's not just the part is wrong, but there are no curling bangs as in the original. I am hoping that is corrected in the final product, but we haven't seen any indication of that being the case, so I don't know. That isn't a deal breaker, though it would be nice to see (that hairstyle was pretty accurate back in the day, as many of the drawings used for licensing had it that way). I don't know if they've gone through all the sunken neck bodies yet, but I still have my pliers ready. If she comes out as we've seen her, I'm okay with it, but it wouldn't be quite as good as it could be. They really nailed Wonder Woman save for the short boots, but you can pop those off and have a near perfect repro of the original (right down to the mismatched fleshtone on the suit). Everything on Kara save the hair looks equally spot on.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

THe Supergirl in the prototype does appear to simply use the generic female head they already have; it's not just the part is wrong, but there are no curling bangs as in the original. I am hoping that is corrected in the final product, but we haven't seen any indication of that being the case, so I don't know. That isn't a deal breaker, though it would be nice to see (that hairstyle was pretty accurate back in the day, as many of the drawings used for licensing had it that way). I don't know if they've gone through all the sunken neck bodies yet, but I still have my pliers ready. If she comes out as we've seen her, I'm okay with it, but it wouldn't be quite as good as it could be. They really nailed Wonder Woman save for the short boots, but you can pop those off and have a near perfect repro of the original (right down to the mismatched fleshtone on the suit). Everything on Kara save the hair looks equally spot on.
                              Hey Scott Metz, I posted above that I think that's DEFINITELY FTC/CTVT's generic blonde female head on their proto Supergirl! What gives me hope is that the delievered Wonder Woman had her face painted like her Mego counterpart thankfully! The FTC WW prototype had obviously used a black haired CTVT generic female head w/ a WW Tiara painted on. But FTC's WW looks way more accurate than her prototype shown....Sans the NO-NECKS & Short red boots!

I'm hoping the FTC Final SUPERGRL will have a Mego painted face (painted much different than the WW & SG proto heads), Side parted hair & side swept bangs w/ a clear headband to train/contain them!

*The FTC SUPER GALS FACES have been painted far different than the Prototypes, & painted like Mego's--- so a superior job than their proto's shown. Despite the QC on the hand painted heads (got some BAD eye jobs on some of my Batgirl & 1 Wondergirl), the ONLY complaint I have about the FINISHED FTC SUPER GALS heads is that they skip the rouge (blush) that Mego used to adorn most/many of their Super Gals''s cheekbones! I miss the Super Gal's: BLUSH, CLEAR Headbands, neat hair flips, proper heroine boots, & especially.....their NECKS on FTC's "exact reproductions".

***FTC; MEGO had it Right! *BRING BACK The SUPER GALS' NECKS!"

*My new protest slogan: "FTC, What the HECK? My SUPER GALS NEED A NECK!" --- so who's coming w/ me to Tampa FL to protest outside FTC headquarters?.......... Anyone? ...... Anyone @ all? lol!
                              Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 23, '14, 1:51 PM.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Thanks, that does give me some hope for Kara. I hadn't really compared the WW head to the generic FTC heads; I just knew it looked right, like the original, when I opened it up.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎