X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy War is Hell

I'm not 100% sure as to why I like the Remco Sgt Rock line so much, never had any as a kid, never really wanted them, not sure I've read a SGT Rock comic that didn't feature Batman in it. My money is on the gorgeous Joe Kubert art that AHI/REMCO used throughout the line.

Yup, that's the ticket.

(PS note the play case did double duty as the Monster play case as well)

Other AHI/Remco Catalogs
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Did Remco make any of the actual Easy Co. characters? Or a Sgt. Rock as normally seen in the comic, with rolled-up sleeves, and half-buttoned shirt? I kind of doubt it.

That playset is the one that is a redress of the Remco Haunted House/playcase, right?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

I had almost all of this line as a kid and really enjoyed it. As soon as my oldest was old enough to enjoy a sandbox, I got out these figures and vehicles and we play in the sand with them. Most of the blow molded stuff didn't last long, but everything else is still there about 8 years later. They may not be great likenesses of the characters, but 2 generations of us have enjoyed them as toys.
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
        Museum Super Collector
        • Sep 5, 2014

Great card art indeed, but I can't say that I had any love for these at the time. A bit too "dry" for me in light of RAH, and I had already been spoiled in traditional army figures by having a big collection of 60s Joes donated a few years earlier by a very cool older next door neighbor. If only I had preserved all of the crazy 60s toys and comics he unloaded on me, I'd probably be living on a gold-plated yacht anchored off of Monte Carlo...

The Remco monsters, on the other hand... Love at first sight.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

I had one of the Sgt. Rock figures when I was a kid, but I couldn't tell you which one, at this point.

I like the parachutist, a lot!

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• ubermanx
            Career Member
            • Jul 3, 2013

I always saw the ad for these figures in comics but to date have never seen one in person. Same with the DC Warlord figures.

- Marty

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

I was never one for army toys, but I was always tempted by Sgt. Rock back then and love the line still today--I agree the Kubert art is a major part.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I don't remember seeing the Rock toys on shelves, but I did see Warlord, and actually had the Hercules figure. I got it in a school gift exchange.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Spawn67
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 14, 2009

I had alot of the Sgt Rock figures. They were everywhere on toy racks where I lived. They fit in well with my GI Joe and Star Wars figures. Good memories!

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 1, 2005

Oh I had several of these figures as a kid, when the r.a.h Joes line was starting and I had jumped onto that, I would buy these other figures to supplement my playtime and I quite liked them. But it's not a line that I've had any real desire to collect since then.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I have a loose Rock figure, but I don't recall ever seeing them in stores, just as ads in the comics,

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎