X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I need a mens shirt pattern

Okay, I can sew some basic stuff and occasionally get a cape right after a few tries. I'm in need of a decent pattern for a male shirt with a collar. I've attempted to draw a few out and it's not happening. I was thinking about researching some 1/6 patterns and adapting it to 1/9. I've got a special project I'm working on that has been several years coming. All I need is a freakin shirt.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Scott, try Theressa.

Her work is meticulous, & she could probably do a shirt for you more easily than you fussing with a pattern. Usually, she is open to you providing fabrics as well.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

Any chance you could make a pattern by cutting off a jumpsuit and adding a little extra to the sleeves and front closure(since I'm assuming you won't be using stretchy material). The collar is basically a rectangle folded over - maybe you could trace Robin's. Don't the Doc Mego shirts suit what you need?
      I tried to mod a Ken pattern once and the proportions are so different that it was more work than worthwhile for the results I got.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• RobTMego
        Career Member
        • Mar 15, 2013

Found this old thread with a pattern http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Shirt-Pattern

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Thank you Rob!! I can alter it for a larger body and make the sleeves poofier. BTW, this shirt is going to be shiny yellow with the chest exposed. I think that gives away what I'm making..

Comment

• SentientApe
            Career Member
            • May 1, 2014

I have decades of experience making full size (1:1) shirts without a pattern, so the first time I tried making a Mego-size jacket (Rocketeer), I just winged it on the fly, and it worked. (I also use patterns, but a shirt is just about the easiest article of clothing to make.)

I am concerned that the above linked pattern has opposing convex shoulder seams, as that is not how full-size shirt patterns are designed (and not how my succussful 1:9 scale jacket worked) -- that arm connection may not mesh well, but trial-and-error should win out.

This is more closely to the shirt pattern I would use, although for 1:9 scale I would omit the yoke piece and match the (longer) front to the (longer) back piece. Not the convex shoulder seam on the front/back pieces:

http://www.customshirt1.com/ImagesIn...att72_6p5h.jpg

If your goal is "poofier sleeves," you may want to make each sleeve from two pieces, and widen (convex) the center seam; alternately, make each sleeve as a "Y" shape and hem from elbow to wrist to add more volume.
            Last edited by SentientApe; Sep 17, '14, 8:59 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

This thread is pretty Cagey, if you ask me.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

^^^I hope to have this done before Christmas.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Sweet!

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

think ctvt do a yellow shirt

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡