Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

I would love big trouble in little china that would a great line for these, Ghostbusters would be great too, though I have to say that I think goonies, back to the future and Buffy are the only lines they have done that could have possibly been made at that time, The rest seem to much like collector properties
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Toy Timelord
      Banned
      • Aug 4, 2014

Ghostbusters can't be done. Mattel holds the license.

Comment

• Boris71
        GeekBot' For Life
        • May 13, 2007

I know that but we can always dream no harm in that

Comment

• Toy Timelord
          Banned
          • Aug 4, 2014

Well, i'm pretty happy with the Ghostbuster toys Kenner actually did in the 80s, personally. I'm not really sure I'd care much for anything based on the films, except for the figures Mattel already did.

The only Ghostbusters Animated figures I'd want would be the Citizen Ghost versions, as well as the Peoplebusters.

Comment

• nazgul
            Lord of Light
            • May 2, 2011

Does Mattel hold the Ghostbusters license for 3 3/4" figures? They've never done them in that scale, so they might not have it. Other companies have done Ghostbusters toys (Lego comes immediately to mind), so I wouldn't rule it out completely.

As for the adult me, I'd love to see them do a Jaws line....with a nice hokey looking scaled shark to boot.

The kid me always wanted a line of Battle Beyond the Stars toys....I just think they'd be a whole lotta fun.

I know that they aren't specifically targeted for kids, but that doesn't mean that kids can't enjoy them . Would I let my kids play with the Pulp Fiction figures? No way on earth....and they wouldn't want too. But my son adores the Alien figures and wants to play with mine all the time. He wants the Universal Monsters in the worst way as well. For some reason, he is really attracted to the Samhain figure...would I let a 4 year old see that movie? Again, no way, but I'd have no problem buying him his own Sam figure and letting him come up with his own play scenarios.
            Last edited by nazgul; Sep 17, '14, 9:15 AM.
            You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I wish the chestburster version would have a little lever on the back for added play value.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• nazgul
                Lord of Light
                • May 2, 2011

Agreed...they could have been a bit more clever when designing him

Comment

• nazgul
                  Lord of Light
                  • May 2, 2011

I just read that they announce two more exclusive variants...for the New York comic con, 8bit colored versions of Freddy and Jason

Comment

• Boris71
                    GeekBot' For Life
                    • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
                    Well, i'm pretty happy with the Ghostbuster toys Kenner actually did in the 80s, personally. I'm not really sure I'd care much for anything based on the films, except for the figures Mattel already did.

The only Ghostbusters Animated figures I'd want would be the Citizen Ghost versions, as well as the Peoplebusters.
                    The kenner stuff was cool I loved that stuff it would have been cool to see some ghost characters from the show

Comment

• Boris71
                      GeekBot' For Life
                      • May 13, 2007

I think that knight rider automan and streethawk and the A-Team would make some cool lines battle beyond the stars would be nice I still love that film

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                        Banned
                        • Aug 4, 2014

Originally posted by nazgul
                        I just read that they announce two more exclusive variants...for the New York comic con, 8bit colored versions of Freddy and Jason
                        The 8-Bit Jason stuff is white-hot right now, so this makes sense. NECA discovered that winning formula.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                          Banned
                          • Aug 4, 2014

Originally posted by drquest
                          I wish the chestburster version would have a little lever on the back for added play value.
                          If Kenner were doing it, it would.

Assuming Kenner would have done it, which is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎