X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Interview with Super Friends Wonder Woman, Shannon Farnon

Comic Book Central just posted a podcast interview with Shannon Farnon, voice of Wonder Woman on the Super Friends. It's a great show, and it's nice to hear she still takes pride in her turn as the character:

I know many of us here are fans of the classic SF, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Creator and host Joe Stuber has recently interviewed some other interesting, and rarely heard from folks, like Reb Brown and Matt Salinger, who both played Captain America. It's always a fun show to listen to!

Chris
    sigpic
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Oh I gotta listen.

Somebody here on the boards got me Matt Salinger's autograph a few years back, he was promoting something in Canada (maybe a play, not sure) and this guy was kind enough to get a picture of Cap signed for me.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Nice! Despite the problems, I though Salinger did a pretty admirable job as Cap in that film. He comes across as a good, humble guy in his interview. Seems like he just acts as a hobby nowadays. I was flipping channels last night and caught him in "Revenge of the Nerds". I forgot he was Ted McGinnley's wingman in that.

The Farnon interview is a lot of fun. Just about all of them are, honestly.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

There are lots of problems with that film but Salinger isn't one of them.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

That was great! Thanks for sharing.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for sharing that, Chris! I'm always interested in voice artists, and Farnon had some insightful things to say about WW in the media.

I'm curious as to what Alex Ross project she mentioned.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

I love this podcast. I liked the shazam interviews a few months back. With Michael Gray and Jackson Bostwick. He pretty much has interviewed everybody that's within reach other than cartoon voice actors. Shannon gave a good interview. I watched the first season of Super friends and was surprised how good it was. The plots were sometimes philosophical, ted knight was the narrator. Green Arrow and Flash made an appearance.Each episodewas an hour long which was an odd choice but it holds up better than most shows from that period.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎