• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Board Game Grail acquired!!!

The ICE CUBE game

Been looking for this for a very long time . . . . they go pretty high and when I saw this one on Ebay last week for $99 shipped I jumped all over it! Came well packed and better than described. Can't wait to play it!!

My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Congrats! It's always nice to score a grail...never heard of that game but it looks fun!

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 5, 2014

Not many people know this, but they actually test marketed an updated version of this game in the early '90s. Unfortunately, it didn't go over too well with the suburban housewives. Luckily, I regularly dumpster dive behind MB's top secret headquarters, so i was able to salvage one of the prototype boxes:

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

That is hilarious...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I have never seen that before. Must be crazy hard to track down a nice one. Melting ice on decals and storing it in a cardboard box can't be a good mix.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• megojim
            Permanent Member
            • Oct 13, 2001

the biggest problem is the ice tray is usually missing or damaged . . . . very surprised to see the orginal washer but that is obviously the easiest thing to replace.
            My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

Congrats on your find!!

A rather neat (but messy) concept. More info about this game can be found below

Pop your men out of the supplied ice tray and move around the waterproof board. You encounter hazards such as the warm bath, Hot Head (a hot metal washer placed on your ice-head", and a shower of salt. Last player to melt wins. Messy game (the salt residue is particularly messy when it dries). The high mess factor ensured that many Moms threw this one out, thereby allowing the rare remaining copies to command high prices on ebay.
              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎