X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Teen Titans questions

1. Why did Mego reverse Speedy's costume (long sleeves instead of short sleeves, shorts instead of long tights)?
    2. Why did Mego give Speedy molded gloves which couldn't hold his bow?
    3. Why didn't Mego make a Wonder Girl with articulation?
    4. Why didn't Mego make leggings to cover the entire legs and feet? They did it for Thor.
    Scott
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

1) If I had to guess, I think it was a transposing error in design after they had submitted Aqualad. If you look at the two, they are identical in that way.
    2) The molded glove was becoming the new mode of fashion for select figures. I think Mego always defaulted to the kid's imaginations to fill in for the functionality of weapons. The industry term is cost cutting.
    3) The male figures shared the same body. Wonder Girl was on her own so that meant a low cost design to make her body.
    4) Because it was a limited line on a limited scaled body, I think Mego tried to absorb costs everywhere they could. I don't believe the line was ever successful even with those considerations applied. My only interest was in Kid Flash which might have been shared by others. He disappeared from Heroes World's inventory after just one issue. The others hung around for some time. You would think that would have open their eyes to a Flash figure, but by then Star Wars was hitting and their domination in the action figure world was quickly coming to a close.
    Last edited by MIB41; Sep 9, '14, 3:49 PM.

Comment

• Action Martin
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 30, 2007

All good answers. I always hated the short sleeve look of the Teen Titans, Mister Fantastic, Iron Man, and Invisible Girl. But I still believe that the Teen Titans deserved full length leggings.

By the time the Teen Titans were released, I had already moved on from Megos to Micronauts and Star Wars. I do recall the Teen Titans being peg warmers at my local Child World for years. I recall going there in early 1981 and my friend buying them for, I think, the red sticker discount $1.98 each.
      Scott

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎