X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Web Spinning Toy Love

What's not to love about this 1977 licensing ad for Marvel Comics, it's like Spider-Man is dropping a treasure trove of Mego items on you along with classics like Crazy Foam and Colorforms.

That's a monsterous improvement over the usual rain and bird poop that normally falls on me from above...
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

How did Spidey fit all of those things in his hand?

I have a lot of that stuff now, but I was always fascinated by Ricochet Racers. I never knew anyone who had them when I was a kid. They seemed liked they would be so cool to have.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I didn't know Marvel was involved with Columbia in any way. Did they break from LCA at some point, due to the somewhat incestuous relationship with DC?

It's odd that Columbia and Spidey were together this far back, since they now control a good deal of the franchise thanks to Sony/Columbia's film deal.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• big_geek_3rd
        • Dec 4, 2009

And there it is...
        That Spider-Man Web Shooter from Fun Stuf is most likely the most fun I will ever have had with a toy.

I churned through a couple (they broke pretty quick).

I need to start looking for one again.
        That thing would be cherished.

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Look at all that toy love.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 5, 2014

On initial inspection, it seems that this licensing bonanza is missing one truly "amazing" (ahem...) piece of Spidey merchandise from 1977. Feast your eyes on this beauty:

This set seems to be the favorite of my 7 year old grandchildren. I am not surprised because it certainly fits better wtih their age than does the Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse sets. I figured i would take better pictures of these boxes and give them their own space for better viewing. I have figured out how to reduce the flash reflection. Enjoy these new photos!

1977 Milton Bradley lunch meeting:

Guy in plaid suit #1: "Hey guys, isn't there a Spider-Man TV show coming out soon? Maybe we can use some of those Amsco cardboard things we have left over..."

Guy in plaid suit #2: "Yeah, good idea... Hey, don't we own Fisher Price or something? Let's just dump them in with some of those fake Legos they're trying to shill and slap a Spider-Man license on it!"

Guy in plaid suit #3: "Done deal. Check please!"

I like that the box claims you can also build an airport with it. I guess Spidey finally got his commercial pilot license in '77...

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

When did the Green Goblin join the Fantastic Four?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎