X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Ding Dong! Avon Calling.

I know a lot of us got a few Avon superhero items back in the day.

But my mother and grandmother seemed to get me some sort of Avon gift every Christmas. I have to admit, I have a lot of nostalgia for a lot of their cheap little stocking stuffers. Especially the Peanuts stuff. Anybody else here ever get a bubble bath or shaped soap for as a gift?

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I loved getting little Avon gifties as a child. My favorites were the finger puppets that came with lip balm. I had the ghost and the glow worm.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Yea, my mom used to sell it when I was in the 4th-6th grades. My brother and I would hand deliver the catalog to the base housing. I still Avon bottles to this day.

Surprisingly Avon had some good character stuff over the years. Not the mention the chess pieces.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I had the Superman and Batmobile soakies...loved them!

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

I have the Bat-brush and a Batmobile bubble bath container.
          As a kid I remember getting the Peanuts toiletries for Christmas.
          There used to be a collectible market for the aftershave bottles and such, but I think that's pretty much done as I see this stuff all over for cheap.
          Do they still even make Abraham Lincoln after shave busts and Fishing reels or sports cars?
          Always a go-to for my Dad or Pap for gifts as a kid.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

My older sister (RIP) was an Avon lady too. In fact, I still have some lipstick samples, 2 Pendant Pals, a Precious Doe deer shaped decanter (that once had Sweet Honesty cologne), my Gilroy the Ghost finger puppet/lip balm, a Flopsy Ears Bunny necklace, (missing the ears) and a Sleigh Ride candle I put out every Christmas (w/ the presents melted down). When I was a kid, I also had a Charlie Brown hairbrush. As an adult, I found a Batman hairbrish, and an Avon Christmas '76 catalog. I miss my sister...those were good memories.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• piecemaker
              There's no need to fear..
              • Jan 26, 2009

My Aunt sold Avon for years and she probably still has boxes of the "collectable" after shave busts,sports cars, etc stashed somewhere.

I got this stein one year I remember some other stuff but this seems to be the only thing that I still have.
              [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-9Dqc6qb/1/L/i-9Dqc6qb-L.jpg[/img]

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

My mom sold Avon as well, when I was very young. I still have my Superman and Batman brushes, although the paint on them is nearly gone. My Batmobile and Superman bubble bath containers fared better. I have some of the Peanuts stuff in storage as well.

Thanks for posting this Bill! Although now I want a boxed Batman brush!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎