Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I too love the Electric Company costume. Those little eyes really sell it. Very creepy. All the movie suits, while decent, really overthink what (storywise) should be a simple, very handmade suit.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I liked the very early-Ditko-like webs the Electric Company costume had, initially. It was almost cape-like.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

On eBay, several years ago, the web shooter from "The Amazing Spider-Man" 1970s TV series was auctioned off. It seems like the utility belt was auctioned off, as well (at least there was something beside the web shooter). I watched the auction, but didn't have the money to bid, though I don't believe that they went for a small fortune.

Maybe someone else remembers that...? It was about a decade ago (give or take a couple of years).

- Ian
        Last edited by EmergencyIan; Sep 9, '14, 9:12 AM.
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

It's really been a head-scratcher as to why this series has not been released on DVD. I wonder if it has copyright issues holding it up?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^My understanding (again, from the awesome book, The Age of TV Heroes) is Marvel themselves now hold the rights. This is from one of the producers himself. So in other words, Disney owns it. And given their track record of keeping fringe material in their vaults, I don't look for it out anytime soon.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I owned one of the stuntman suits for like an hour when I was a teenager. I paid $1,500 and it was basically going to bankrupt me.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Did you at least put it on?

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

^ Did you guys see my earlier post about the web shooter and utility belt auction on ebay a decade ago? I wonder if it's was the same person who sold Brian the suit. Probably not...but it looks like stuff from the series was out there to be had, from time to time.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I owned one of the stuntman suits for like an hour when I was a teenager. I paid $1,500 and it was basically going to bankrupt me.
                    Oh Brian! You have got to share some photos of that gem. Even if you only had it for a moment in time, I'm sure you took some pics. Too cool!

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Oh Brian! You have got to share some photos of that gem. Even if you only had it for a moment in time, I'm sure you took some pics. Too cool!
                      I don't have any, I never got to take it home, I was paying a guy in installments. I was Spider-Man crazy at 16 but also making $4.25 an hour. I gave him my Captain Action collection and all the cash I had, still owed him $800 which just wasn't going to happen for months. He was kind enough to let me out of the deal with good humour.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                        I don't have any, I never got to take it home, I was paying a guy in installments. I was Spider-Man crazy at 16 but also making $4.25 an hour. I gave him my Captain Action collection and all the cash I had, still owed him $800 which just wasn't going to happen for months. He was kind enough to let me out of the deal with good humour.
                        I remember those days at that pay wage. An $800 deficit on a $4.25 an hour job might as well have been $10,000. To reach that number would have required many a paper drive (remember those?) and likely more blood donations than you could survive. I really admire you for doing that though. Very ambitious for our period back then. Well, at least you had it in your hands. That's really something right there. Neat story!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

Alright, since Marvel has yet to release this on DVD I did some searching and I have found the complete series on Youtube. You can view them on my site:

70's Marvel TV Universe

Since the Incredible Hulk was released on DVD I will only post the trailers.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I would love to see more behind the scenes photos.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎