X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Hombre Nuclear
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 5, 2014

Popy World Hero commercial

Hello everyone. This is my first post here (longtime fan and reader of Plaid Stallions, though!), so I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I considered posting it in the main Popy World Hero archive thread, but I figured more people might see this if I made a separate thread.

In any case, I was quite interested in your World Hero feature, and I remembered seeing a commercial for these a few years back in the midst of my classic Japanese toy travels. Unfortunately, the individual videos for this commercial all seem to be gone now, but I was able to dig up a Popy Ultraman commercial compilation that includes this spot. It's on Nico Nico, but you'll need an account there to view it, so I found an alternate source. Just full-screen the little pop-up window that contains the video after you click the play button. The World Hero spot starts at around 1:33. It shows most of the line and the carrying case as well. Check it out here:

nicoviewer.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nicoviewer.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I'm really glad you covered these, as aside from Microman (excuse me... "Mikkuro-MANG!!!!) and maybe Popy Star Wars, classic Japanese 3 3/4 seems to be a bit of an information black hole, with no real Toybox DX datafiles type of resource to lay it all out.

Anyway, hope you found that interesting. Please feel free to give me a shout if you ever need a translation or some help in searching the Japanese interwebs, as I'm a translator by trade.
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Thanks for this! Just learned about those 3 3/4" figures myself, and wish I had those when I was a kid. Man, Japanese kids had the coolest stuff...
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

That was great, El Hombre Nuclear! Thanks for posting. Love the Japanese toys.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

So happy you came here and posted this!
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

I think I would have enjoyed those spots much less in English. So much fun, cool stuff!
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 5, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
            So happy you came here and posted this!
            Glad you liked it! On further viewing, I noticed that it does show the other two carrying cases at the end, so I guess that confirms their existence.

The best spot in that compilation has to be the Ultra Kaiju one where the vintage monsters have inexplicably been reduced to doing mundane jobs, including Windom (in a pink leotard) as a "jazz dancer" and the Ultra brothers putting on a stage show with Ultraman dressed in a silk kimono playing a biwa and one of them accompanying on accordion. Only in Japan...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

I could watch those all day.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by El Hombre Nuclear
                Glad you liked it! On further viewing, I noticed that it does show the other two carrying cases at the end, so I guess that confirms their existence.
                Yeah I've only been on the hunt for a brief period so I didn't doubt they're not out there but Ultraman is definitely the one you can find in the wild.

The best spot in that compilation has to be the Ultra Kaiju one where the vintage monsters have inexplicably been reduced to doing mundane jobs, including Windom (in a pink leotard) as a "jazz dancer" and the Ultra brothers putting on a stage show with Ultraman dressed in a silk kimono playing a biwa and one of them accompanying on accordion. Only in Japan...
                I love that they animate the toys on Japanese TV and I think it's funny that the stringent laws here prevent such things. Seeing them animated would be too much for our young minds to handle I guess.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎