X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Dozier's Green Hornet on official dvd?

So, now that Batman '66 is finally coming out, what do you think of the Green Hornet's chances?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Green Hornet's always been a harder sell. Nowhere near the bucks Batman will generate. If they were smart they would have released it during the minor hype with the Seth Rogen film a few years ago.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

They really did miss the boat with his 40th anniversary death/Enter The Dragon in 2013, combined with the Hornet movie in 2011. I think a Netflix/Amazon VOD exclusive and maybe a small Blu-Ray release afterwards. Depends on who ends up with the rights. Fox won't care where WB Archive would love to have it,

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

With Batman getting ready to hit, and the comic crossover going on, they are missing perhaps their last great opportunity.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^ I agree, Chris. I was really expecting it a few years ago with the Rogan film.

It would do well even so with the Bruce Lee cross-sell, wouldn't it?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I think that horrid movie made a few years back absolutely tanked any future prospects for a revival. I have a fairly descent copy of the series, but a official DVD would sure be nice. Not holding my breath. Darn shame too. I think the great irony to that is why the Bruce Lee fan base has not pushed to get this out.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎