Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toyman
    Just Another Collector
    • Sep 1, 2008

I just called and was told that the clam shells didn't get shipped with the figures, they have the figures in hand. Clam shells are on the way by boat but won't be in for two to four weeks. I'm considering cancelling my pending orders and he said to send an email but hoped I reconsider.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Or they oughta throw the option out there to those who ordered these to ship them loose at a discount.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

They are shipping loose figures? And female figures have yet to sport hair-bands?

Yikes.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

If 2-packs had shipped this week I'd have Aquaman, Green Arrow, Shazam, and Supergirl with my Superman and Wonder Woman right now!

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Or they oughta throw the option out there to those who ordered these to ship them loose at a discount.
            I asked to have mine shipped loose and they wouldn't do it....probably a legal thing

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

Or they don't want to eat the shipping for sending the figures and then sending the packaging later.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I'm talking about not even getting the bubbles if you didn't really want them. My figures are free range.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

It's like Teemu said, they are probably not legally allowed to sell the figures loose. They probably have to sell them packaged with the cards that prominently display and advertise the DC name, logo, and character.

There are a lot of restrictions when dealing with licensed properties. I am glad that they have not been force to make New 52 DC figures. Yet.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

just zipper bag them with the card then.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Waiting for figures that are delayed is part of collecting. I hope guys didn't help kickstart Action Jackson or you'll be furious. Venting about long wait times isn't going to make China go any faster.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                        Waiting for figures that are delayed is part of collecting. I hope guys didn't help kickstart Action Jackson or you'll be furious. Venting about long wait times isn't going to make China go any faster.
                        I am patiently waiting for AJ still. Wonder if there is a deadline set by Kickstarter to fulfill the rewards? I have zero interest in the repros that CTVT is doing, I was just wondering about alternatives to waiting a month for bubbles that loose figure collectors are going to discard anyway.

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

Its not the wait that irritates me, its the crappy business practices. Waiting for manufacturing and all that is fine.

In the Mego days, Megos were often shipped in baggies inside coffinlike brown cardboard boxes. No packaging whatsoever. I used to order from Heroes World, recieved my Lizard and Iron Man like that.
                          Last edited by jayraytee; Sep 7, '14, 7:17 PM.
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

In the Mego days, the licenses were handled much differently too. Companies are smartly much more in control of their brands and how they are presented for public consumption. I kind of miss the old days.

Comment

• KLAATU
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 3, 2009

I got charged on 8/22/14 and received an email on 8/24/14 saying my two-packs were shipped. No other updates.

Comment

• megomania
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 2, 2010

They still have my $70+ I sent them via paypal....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎