Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

I ordered the yellow and red boots from Dr Mego when I first ordered the 2 pack. Of course, they sat in my office for a while because of the shipping delay on the 2 packs. That horse has been beat to death now.

The more I see, the more I'm genuinely offended by the lack of twist ties. I ordered a 66 Batman/Robin 2 pack for a Christmas present. If they take that short cut on what I'd consider their "Premium Line", I'll probably hold off on pre-ordering anything else from them until I see what other people's look like when they are delivered.

The neck issue along with the upside down ball piece I've heard of on the female figures is really making me suspect that they are having SEVERE quality control issues with China. I have already ordered 3 Dr Mego female bodies and I'll try them on Batgirl and Supergirl. The other I'm going to use for a custom Wonder Woman because I want something more in line with how the 66 Batman line looks. Tired of waiting on that.

The fact that buying their figures is really helping out Dr Mego's bottom line, should be bothering someone over at FTC. I wonder if the people at Dr Mego actually start stocking up now replacement parts when they see a new FTC figure being announced.

Anyway, enough B&M from me for now.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

I received my 3 DC 2-packs today! Since they were delayed I already have Superman and Supergirl, but Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Shazam are also SUPER just like I remember them when I had original Megos in the 1970s as a boy! Green Arrow is still one of BEST Megos ever made! I liked Aquaman from Super Friends and Shazam from his live-action Saturday morning show!

I displayed my loose FTC DC Megos on my bed by how Mego originally released them and I cannot believe I have almost ALL Mego DC WGSH! Just need Clark Kent!

Thanks, FTC! Cannot wait for NEW DC Megos in 2015!

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ You're a LUCKY LUCKY GUY right now ovenmitt! I have to wait for my x2 SUPER Waves when EE gets them. I may not open my FFs, so I'll have to wait for FTC to decide nobody else is going to buy the 2-packs or FF at the higher price before they release singles of AM, GA, & Shazam in 2015! So until them I'm hoping you do a photo shoot, maybe even taking pics of the FTC DC line-up so far! That would be so AWESOME to see! Well either way....CONGRATS on your FTC DC re-mego collection of a lifetime!

Comment

• megomania
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 2, 2010

I'm still on AM/GA 2-pack watch. Now I understand how Cleveland sports fans feel.....waiting and waiting and waiting for something positive to happen....

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
            I'm still on AM/GA 2-pack watch. Now I understand how Cleveland sports fans feel.....waiting and waiting and waiting for something positive to happen....
            LOL! I do't even follow sports closesly, & even I burst out laughing after reading that!

Comment

• OCSuperman
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 4, 2014

Both the Superman/Shazam & Aquaman/G Arrow arrived today in So Cal ... they are so awesome ... G Arrow's quiver is awkward ... I could be fitting it wrong tho.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by OCSuperman
                Both the Superman/Shazam & Aquaman/G Arrow arrived today in So Cal ... they are so awesome ... G Arrow's quiver is awkward ... I could be fitting it wrong tho.
                Welcome to the board! I can't wait for those figures to come out as singles to get mine.

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

Finally got my Aquaman / Green Arrow 2 pack tonight. Wow, what a mess and obviously thrown together in the office to expedite shipping since they committed to shipping them over a month ago.
                  AM's body is twisted....GA's body suit is unsnapped and he has no hat. I've resigned to chalking this purchase up to my stupidity of buying their stuff without seeing what others were getting with these first. I'm opening these and letting the kid trash them because there is absolutely ZERO value in having them in the clamshell....They don't even fit.

When I say he has no hat, I mean it's no where to be found. Oh and AM's gloves are sitting on the bottom of the package. Grrr.

-Chris
                  Last edited by megomania; Oct 3, '14, 1:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎