X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

You're a daisy if you do, Huckleberry.

It's probably going to take me a year to get these down but I'm going to chip away at them. Thanks to Austin for the Wyatt head and pardon me but it's been so long since I picked up the Doc head that I can't remember who I got it from. I'm planning on using S-Type bodies and 8 inch superstore (Castaway) western accessories with FTC clothing and other accessories to kit bash them together. Once I have all the pieces of the puzzle I'm going to paint the heads. This is the first draft of the card art. When I printed them off the printer decided to jack around with the scale and I had to trim them to fit the clamshells. Crap but again just a place holder as I slowly get them together.

• ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

WOW!!! Cant wait to see these when they are done. Love that movie. Always wanted Megos of these guys!!

Comment

• Grimjohn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 28, 2011

Those heads are freakin' awesome!!! I am a HUGE fan of that movie and I am looking forward to seeing your progress!
      My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Confession time: I need to see Tomestone! Still, I love the interest in western subject matter. I hope CTVT can convince FTC, the importance of keeping and expanding on these pieces and parts (Western).
        Love your project 'thus far'. Looking forward to all developments.

Comment

• SentientApe
          Career Member
          • May 1, 2014

I am so extremely interested in this project.

Comment

• SentientApe
            Career Member
            • May 1, 2014

WHERE IS OUR TOMBSTONE DVD??? I mentioned this to my wife, and she suggested we watch the movie, and I cannot find our DVD, and now I am Jonesing for it... Netflix, here I come.

Comment

• jimsmegos
              Mego Dork
              • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by SentientApe
              WHERE IS OUR TOMBSTONE DVD??? I mentioned this to my wife, and she suggested we watch the movie, and I cannot find our DVD, and now I am Jonesing for it... Netflix, here I come.
              I feel ya. I have it on DVD but made it a point to DVR it. This movie hits me on so many different levels. I love westerns but this movie goes so much further. The chemistry of the cast, the pacing of the story, the look of the sets and costumes... everything. Also to note I do believe the Doc head came from the Black Knight.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

You gonna smoke that skin wagon,or just stand there and bleed?
                Looking forward to these Jim.
                I've had my heads for a few years already and still haven't finished these two.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• SentientApe
                  Career Member
                  • May 1, 2014

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                  I feel ya. I have it on DVD but made it a point to DVR it. This movie hits me on so many different levels. I love westerns but this movie goes so much further. The chemistry of the cast, the pacing of the story, the look of the sets and costumes... everything. Also to note I do believe the Doc head came from the Black Knight.
                  I had apparently organized two separate "Western" sections on my DVD collection -- it was next to "Long Riders."

We just now finished watching the movie again, but my wife and I kept looking at the one actor... we have seen this movie dozens and dozens of times together, but this one guy kept bugging us... who is he? We know he's from something, but what? At one point, he's talking, but I still cannot place him... but then the camera shifts to show us his point-of-view through the telescope, and without being distracted by his recognizable face, I hear that oh-so-familiar gravelly voice say: "... there's about... thirty of 'em..." and it hits me! Merle! It's Merle from "The Walking Dead"! I find something new in this movie everyone I watch it.
                  Last edited by SentientApe; Aug 27, '14, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

These should be a cool customs...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I really like the badge for Wyatt and the card and guns for Doc in their card backgrounds. Great touch.

I'm a huge fan of this film, so I'm stoked to see these come along!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• RobTMego
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 15, 2013

Very cool MK!!

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

BEYOND AWESOME! Jim, I am pumped to see these completed!!!

Comment

• piecemaker
                            There's no need to fear..
                            • Jan 26, 2009

These will be cool!

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

The only thing I would change is your font for "Kurt Russell" is lower case and for "Val Kilmer" is all upper case. I'd change one or the other so they match. Other than that they look great.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎