X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rjm118
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 25, 2012

Anyone have leg issues with their WW?

I bought one for my niece and the left leg wont bend at all....and she wont let me return it, lol

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by rjm118
      Anyone have leg issues with their WW?

I bought one for my niece and the left leg wont bend at all....and she wont let me return it, lol
      Mine had a frozen knee and I forced it to bend, it made a snap noise, but seems to be fine. Its another issue that makes me think these things were assembled while the plastic was still soft. For them to sort of fuse together like that.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by invisiblelad
        Although I have issues w/ the recent female 8" bodies, & heads being too large (Alfred, Bizarro, all NEW DC prototypes shown), I have been DREAMING & Daydreaming about getting BRAND NEW MINTY-MINT Mego's for YEARS.....actually DECADES! I have to, or have had to, replace A LOT of bodies on FTC DC re-Megos so far.....but I'm so HAPPY to be getting these! IF FTC can get the bodies, costume fit, QC, & HEAD scales fixed, I'll be content to not gripe....or at least not repeatedly. I'm going to hold out hope that FTC is going to send me all the female replacement bodies I need for my x3 Batgirls & x4 Wonder Womans! I'll call tomorrow as today is my Birthday so I got myself x4 FTC Wonder Woman when EE had their BOGO 40% OFF w/ FREE S/H. These figures came to exactly $20.02 each w/ FREE Shipping! I LOVE the screen printing & the heads on the FTC Wonder Woman! My x3 MIB WW's do have messy hair that could have easily been remedied, but I make clear headbands that look good enough (except in the back where you see the tape!) The sleeves being too short isn't that bad, but unfortunately despite the beautiful screenprinting, the sleeves needed to continu up another 1/2 - 3/4 inch before attaching to the bodice of the bodysuit.

*So today is my 40th Birthday! WONDER WOMAN (& the SUPER GALS) & I both debuted in 1974! I was in LOVE w/ Lynda Carter's WONDER WOMAN, like little boy OBSESSED! I had 1 or 2 8" Wonder Woman Megos, both 12" WW, & CAH WW w/ Invisible Plane & Exploding Tower playset, & I think Pocket Super Heroes WW. So for my Birthday I took pics of me & my new girlfriend on the side.......FTC Wonder Woman. She will look GREAT once she's on a NEW (& hopefully FREE) FTC female replacement body! Here we are celebrating our 40th Birthday together!

THANK YOU FTC, my little boy self is reunited w/ a Mego-like WONDER WOMAN for the first time in 36+ years! Thanks 4 the memories!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12686[/ATTACH]
        I admire your passion for this Mego revival. I understand your complaints and agree with most of them. Simple fixes, pull the neck out, clear head bands, and proper fitting customs, and heads to scale. You are barely old enough to remember Megos from childhood. I do hope FTC will address this issues. I do think it is important for us to keep buying so they stay in business long enough to make improvements. 2015 promises to be a fantastic new year with multitudes of new figures. I might seem to be a bit overwhelming but I am into too deep to stop now.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Someone asked for a photo of Diana in Doc Mego boots:

Sorryfor the link, but for some bizarre reason the forum is telling me it's too big, even though I just loaded up pics 4 times as large.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks! I like the boots! I think I will order a pair along with an umbrella for 1966 Penguin.

Curious (and OT)... anyone have a pic of Supergirl with the red boots?

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by drogge
              I admire your passion for this Mego revival. I understand your complaints and agree with most of them. Simple fixes, pull the neck out, clear head bands, and proper fitting customs, and heads to scale. You are barely old enough to remember Megos from childhood. I do hope FTC will address this issues. I do think it is important for us to keep buying so they stay in business long enough to make improvements. 2015 promises to be a fantastic new year with multitudes of new figures. I might seem to be a bit overwhelming but I am into too deep to stop now.
              Thanks drogge! Believe it or not, I have more & better detailed memories from my early childhood then anybody I know. My older brother (born in 1970) had many megos before I came along in late 74. I remember a fair bit of Mego-Memories lol! I also know we played HARD w/ our Megos & had 2nds & 3rds of some of them! I remembered every Mego we had w/ only questioning if we had the Lizard and/or Green Goblin. I remember having a 8" mego WW in my hands at about 3 years old tops & thinking these stars are different then I remember on my old WW. I can't remember if this 2nd WW had Bigger or the Smaller white stars on her blue bottoms, but I remember exactly where & in what I was sitting & I definitely know it was a 2nd WW. I also remember at 3-4 getting the 12" WW w/ Diana Prince's Navy Uniform. My Mom called us & said her & my father were going out dancing (this was very rare) & a babysitter was coming. She said she was at the mall & we could each pick a toy she'd come home w/. My brother picked Monopoly & I picked 12" WW (much to my brother's dismay I presume!) LOL. WW was so important to me that her Mego Memories are the ones most burned into my mind! LOL!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎