Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
    The big head issue keeps coming up because we keep seeing it.
    You're seeing it on prototypes, not on finished figures, other than Alfred. That's the point is missed here. Since Alfred has come out, FTC has publicly stated that they are working to reduce the head size on 'new' figures. That's another point that keeps getting missed here.

The prototype pictures are designed to show us the progress FTC is making, they are not a final product. When the final product has a big head, then it's time to complain. Complaining about Jayna's 'big head' based on that prototype picture is about like complaining about how they didn't paint her head.

And BTW, I will add that based on what I've seen of the Jayna prototypes, my guess is if you put a suit on that body with an accurate collar, that the head looks just fine.
    Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Sep 15, '14, 4:10 PM.

Comment

• willykfg
      Museum Patron
      • Apr 24, 2010

I attempted to message FTC through FB regarding the Wonder Woman figure in an attempt to get a replacement and got a message that privacy issues prevented sending the message. I did not change mine so FTC must have changed theirs. Has anyone else experienced this? I did receive a message for the tracking number for my figure. It wasn't until I mentioned getting a replacement figure that was constructed properly that I received the privacy message.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Our experience here has been that off-scale prototypes are very rarely revised--especially at the rate FTC is releasing waves.

We shall see. I can certainly eat crow if the figures proceed with proper heads. I sure hope they do, I'm a DC fan!

I'm curious as to what you'll do if they don't--interestingly, you seem to take other glitches and changes in stride.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 23, 2011

I have communicated them with both phone and email and have had nothing but excellent customer service.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
            You're seeing it on prototypes, not on finished figures, other than Alfred. That's the point is missed here. Since Alfred has come out, FTC has publicly stated that they are working to reduce the head size on 'new' figures. That's another point that keeps getting missed here.

The prototype pictures are designed to show us the progress FTC is making, they are not a final product. When the final product has a big head, then it's time to complain. Complaining about Jayna's 'big head' based on that prototype picture is about like complaining about how they didn't paint her head.

And BTW, I will add that based on what I've seen of the Jayna prototypes, my guess is if you put a suit on that body with an accurate collar, that the head looks just fine.
            I'm simply going by experience. Alfred came out macroencephalic exactly as his prototype did (and Egghead is way too far along to correct his over-sized melon). And I have rarely seen a major change in something as far along as Ra's from any company. To fix him, they would have to completely re-sculpt the head; simply shrinking it would make the plug too small to fit the torso properly. I hope I am wrong and they do exactly that, but when the prototypes keep popping up with the same problem, that doesn't do a lot to give me confidence.

And Jayna is not going to look just fine next to Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Robin and Wonder Woman if her head is half again as big as theirs. The whole idea of having a bunch of figures done in the same style and scale is for them to look good together. I really, really want these figures; Megos are what got me into collecting, and I so want to see all of these lines succeed. But I really fear that they will go the way of the other big headed lines of late if things aren't addressed. I've waited decades for a true Mego GL and Flash, and figures with heads like we saw on Alfred are not going to cut it for me.

Baggy costumes can be taken in, wrong boots can be replaced, necks sunk into a torso can be pulled out (yes, I was finally able to yank the necks out of the Batgirl torsos with some effort and needle nosed pliers). All of those things I can fix if it bugs me that much. But there's nothing I can do to shrink a head that's half again too big to fit in with the rest of the line, and that is going to significantly affect my purchases. I got extras of the new Tarzan characters because they are correctly proportioned, but I'll only be getting one Bizarro or any other character with a huge noggin. And that's a huge pass for a rabid Mego fan like me.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
              I'm simply going by experience. Alfred came out macroencephalic exactly as his prototype did (and Egghead is way too far along to correct his over-sized melon).
              Time out: You think Egghead's head is too big? Is this a joke?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Too big or out of scale?
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  Too big or out of scale?
                  If anyone can look at this figure and say that the head is either too big or out of scale, then I just don't know...

Figures Toy Company will release the first-ever action figure of 'Batman '66' villain Egghead -- as played by Vincent Price -- later in 2014.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Hmmm. I hope they fix the color of Egghead's eyebrows and mustache.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      If anyone can look at this figure and say that the head is either too big or out of scale, then I just don't know...

http://comicsalliance.com/batman-66-...vincent-price/
                      Could be the angle of the photo. But then, I thought the angle of the photos were making Alfred's head appear large also.

Only time will tell.....
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Boxheadman
                        • Jul 24, 2014

It's now or never for Wonder Woman. I tried to put in a wholesale order to replenish our dwindling stock at Toycade and was told that they have no more to offer retailers. This item was not produced in the same numbers as Superman or Batman 1966. That's not to say that they may not go back into production later if demand is there, but at best, that would be many months down the road. Bottom line, if you want one in 2014, you better act this week.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

THat's bad news for folks who may be putting it off, but good news for the line if they keep selling through what they make.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

I hope Wonder Woman selling out justifies a NEW Wonder Woman WAVE or LINE with UPDATED Wonder Woman and other WW characters!

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I'm glad to see they've worked out an inventory methodology that essentially meets demand so they can move forward without lots of existing holdovers or distractions about what was successful and what wasn't. Sounds like they really have a good handle on this process.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 23, 2011

My local comic book store got some in today. Along with Superman. I'm not sure if it's the early edition or not. I'll find out when I go later.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎