Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

I also got my two sets of wonder women ,and i had to also fix the neck issue on all four,it was easy,like what was mentioned ,very nice figure.
    the card art is great,the mego card is the best of the two,i like the classic mego circle pictures,i wonder why they didnt print their names like
    mego did ?.We all know who they are,but it would have been a nice touch.Also no makeup on the retro supergals,no tape.i just hope
    they fix this neck issue before supergirl comes out,so you dont even have to risk breaking her to fix her neck or mess up her hair,perhaps
    they will add tape like mego did,Any way i like this wonder women figure great job FTC ,now lets see lynda carter and a reimagined WGH Wonder women
    figure.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

That suit is tres baggy. It needs to be taken in.
      JediJaida

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

EE has their FTC: Wonder Woman SETs (x2 WW) listed as: HOT OFF The TRUCK - 09-12-14.

I bought x2 SETS. With their BOGO 40% off I gt x4 WW for $80.00 + FREE S/H., instead of $90.00+ for x3 WW from FTC or CTVT own website (x3 @ $25 +$15.00 S/H/tax). I have ordered thru EE many many times, but never PRE-ORDERED before.
        ?: Does EE send a SHIPPING Notice (email)? Or just send them automatically?

All I know is I'm disappointed in FTC's WW, but that opinion is only based on the reports I have heard here & the pics I've seen so far.
        I ordered judging from the PROTOYPE pics FTC uses to solicit their pre-orders. I can begrudgingly accept the short red boots (completely an avoidable misstep on FTC's part),
        *BUT, I will NOT ACCEPT x4 WW bodies that are INCORRECTLY ASSEMBLED by their factories! I have NOT been able to use vice grips or anything else to retrieve my opened FTC BATGIRL's defective NECK out at all. My 2nd Batgirl I just opened because she looked funny MIB (besides for the NO NECK) & she had exploded at the crotch (like a MOTUC Goddess figure for you MOTUC fans) & is unfixable. My 3rd (2nd MIB) Batgirl makes it 3/3 w/ an incorrectly assembles defective neck, & her EYE on 1 side would have her unable to fight crime, a BAD painted Lazy eye would be an understatement. *Hope FTC wants to send me some FREE female bodies! Losing more $$$ when they have 2 do this.

BATGIRL's costume (- the short YELLOW boots) was better than their prototype & so is some of their Batgirl heads.

*Wonder Woman looks WAY INFERIOR to their prototype!!! Except I like FTC's WW's head/face painting I think?
        Her SHORT BOOTs are a disappointment (THEY HAD short RED boots to put on their prototype pic as they were selling them for+ 1 months b4 WW's proto pics surfaced).
        Her hair is a nasty mess in package (Mego had that under control 40 years ago for the most part). Clear plastic head bands were removed off their Batgirl b4 packaging them...why? FTC's Batgirls' hair looked messy and inferior to mego's Batgirl's 40 years ago, so WHY FTC did you NOT wrap WW's hair? The screen printing looks GREAT, the baggy rapper look....not so much. I'm disappointed & expect MORE & further disappointment when my EE FTC's WW arrive. I'm losing faith & intrest. I want to be stoked...FTC wants collector's like me (OCD) & they are starting to make me dread the last chance at Mego re-do's & NEW Mego (BIG HEADS seem to be abound). I wish they would listen to the collector's wanting nothing but LONG term success for this endeavor. Time will tell. Faiths fading.....Interest waning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------a disenchanted invisiblelad

Cue in Pom Pom squad! -(even if it's really only 1 person!)
        Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 15, '14, 6:50 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The body issues with the female is making me a bit concerned about Julie Newmar and Yvonne Craig when they get to them. Either they need to rethink a lot of the manufacturing processes and fix this and the waterheads or they are going to end up losing business. That or Castaway/Zica needs to produce more of its female bodies and be ready for the conversions to come.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            The body issues with the female is making me a bit concerned about Julie Newmar and Yvonne Craig when they get to them. Either they need to rethink a lot of the manufacturing processes and fix this and the waterheads or they are going to end up losing business. That or Castaway/Zica needs to produce more of its female bodies and be ready for the conversions to come.
            ^ Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, if Supergirl comes on incorrectly assembled female bodies like BOTH WW & Batgirl, they are going to lose LOTS more money before they ever get to Julie Newmar CATWOMAN & Yvonne Craig BATGIRL. I don't even expect a NEWLY DESIGNED BODY FTC! I JUST EXPECT CORRECTLY ASSEMBLED BODIES that FUNCTION & clear head bands. Prototypes shoul not show products that do not come w/ the final product. Make REAL mego female boots in all the colors you are going to need FTC. Also, look at the FB comments about Jayna's HUGE prototype head! Yes it's a proto....but Alfred's head barely shrunk at all (if any) from their proto. FTC was doing great, now they are rushing and making big mistakes wave after wave. Disappointed more than I can express. They are DEFINITELY LOSING MONEY $$$$. This will shorten their run w/ DC & remego's IF they don't FIX horrible QC problems & HUGE HEADS. It's not just a few of us obsessed w/ oversized HUGE HEADS coming w/ the FTC new characters, look at all the Jayna comments on FB. Majority HATE the size! Most of those commenting there are there customers....most also do not post here....or at least regularly if they do! Listen to your customer base & their criticisms FTC.....WE are the ones you need to please, not the small percent who'll BUY anything & say "I'm just happy we're getting these!". That won't last for long. Time will tell & I hope I'm WRONG! Doubting it though.
            Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 15, '14, 7:09 AM.

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

People can criticize without being hard to please whiners and people can appreciate the line without being a pom pom squad. Both are unfair generalities, except in the most extreme cases.

A lot of our opinions come from perspective, point of view and expectations. I always thought the Mego female characters were poorly designed in the first place. I owned pretty much every male character mego produced as a kid and never bought one female character. In fact, FTC's Batgirl is the first one I have ever bought. I appreciate it's look and feel, considering my low expectations for a repro of the original female Megos and my extremely low expectations for CTTV/FTC quality. I always thought Mego had some issues with large heads as well, especially on the females. So, I am not as bent out of shape over that. I would like it addressed, but it doesn't anger me. The neck plug issue needs to be fixed for sure, but that might be a problem if they manufactured thousands and thousands of female bodies. They may have to work through that stock before a fix will be seen even if they are aware of the issue. The big head syndrome might be similar in that they may have had several sets of characters in various points in production before they became aware of the consumers distaste for it. It's also something that is very subjective, some people will want a figure with better proportions, and others will see it as fine.

One thing is true though, happy consumers are generally less vocal, people that are upset are on a mission and generally are a lot more vocal. So the quantity of people posting about the big head issue for Jayna is probably not a clear picture of which group has higher numbers of people. The only clear picture of that would be sales, if they see high sales inspite of the complaints, they will be less likely change much. If the sales drop they will get on it quicker, but again there might be a lag of already in process figures with big heads.
              Last edited by jayraytee; Sep 15, '14, 12:56 PM.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                One thing is true though, happy consumers are generally less vocal, people that are upset are on a mission and generally are a lot more vocal. So the quantity of people posting about the big head issue for Jayna is probably not a clear picture of which group has higher numbers of people. The only clear picture of that would be sales, if they see high sales inspite of the complaints, they will be less likely change much.
                Bingo. The 'big head' issue has almost gotten to the point where its the boy crying wolf, because we hear it every time with a new figure, even though plenty of people counter it by saying it doesn't look that bad. Even if Jayna's head is the exact same size once it goes to production, adding a suit and collar will likely make the head look much better if not completely in proportion with the rest of her body.

I think there's a fine line between voicing displeasure and being seen as simply complaining every time regardless of circumstance. I know there's a subset of posters here that feels that FTC is slighting them and not taking them seriously, but I don't think they realize how parroting the same complaints with each figure comes across.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

What exactly is the neck issue I keep hearing about? Nobody has ever posted a picture that I know of.

Is the neck peg actually crushed into the body? Or is the head just pushed too far down on the peg?

I ordered my WW at the same time I order the 66 Penguin so I don't have a figure yet to even look at. For the record, I've also ordered the Supergirl/Batgirl 2 pack.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

FTC should be careful what they do & don't listen too. Once the main re-issues are released, & other BIG named characters that will always sell well (Flash, Green Lantern, ect.) their NEW less dynamic & less popular characters will NOT sell as well to the die-hard collectors that want re-mego's that fit in proportionally to the majority of pre-existing Megos. BBP had licenses that were not nearly as widely loved & desired as DC. BIG HEADS were the main complaint here that I noticed. People loved the costumes & the character choices were obvious at first. Those lines died (SMDM, BSG, TW) w/ unreleased charcters that were prototyped. So did Mattle retro action due to poor quality bodies.(Maybe also the major differences from their mego counterparts in a lesser degree?.) These were at TRU and Mattycollector & sitting there. Clearanced out for $4.99 in many cases for the later waves of some pretty BIG names in the DC Universe. If theFTC DC Mego re-treads pass through & FTC doesn't get all the NEW releases down to the proportions (give or take on some sculpts of course)......wait & see. I don't really understand why people think that because we here are just a small percentage of FTC customers, the main LOT of their customers won't jump ship because of similar opinions or complaints. You hear the same complaint from me every time,

1.) BIG HEADS on the shown Prototypes & 1 released figure so far (Alfred will be easily forgivable if he ends up as an ex. of a lessened learned).

2.) BODY issues. FTC has greatly improved the male body since the wave1 Diaster, BUT are still strong too tightly. Haven't been able to pose 1 single male figure (besides the Teen Totans & Penguin due to the different arm design) in the Superman "Flying" pose. They are strung too tightly, but greatly improved in that the plastic is firmed/harder & so far not pulling through at the arm/shoulder anymore! *FTC Male body = PROGRESS! But INFERIOR to Mego unfortunately--*IMHO
                    2B.) FEMALE BODY has went from REALLY GOOD w/ CATWOMAN to defective on every single Batgirl I have seen (& own) & every WW I've seen so far online. So FTC FEMALE BODY has went from GREAT to BAD (due to incorrectly assembled bodies/Necks) & Wonder Girl has 1 Loose knee on many (every person I know who own 1 or more + my x3 all have really loose RIGHT Knees & I've heard others say it also).

3.) QC - Costumes: For me the FTC costumes so far have been Good to REALLY EXCELLENT! In some cases I see vast improvements to their FTC Prototype pics, UNTIL Wonder Wonder....BUT mine are not in hand yet so I will gladly amend my opinion, if it changes when my x4 arrive. GLADLY! Short boots are a minor problem easily remedied, but shouldn't have to be if FTC did not use mego items on their Prototype pics they use to solicit sales/preorders.

QC - PAINT - I've only had bad paint issues/inconsistencies w/ my BATGIRL figures (& my friends have similar complaints) & Wondergirl figures. Aqualads smaller eye is also a smaller problem that my friends & I all agree on (& a few other posters here as well). Out of my x2 Speedy's 1 is great but his costume has loose seams & NO WHITE paint on his belt buckle. My MIB Speedy has the correct white belt buckle & I haven't heard anyone else complain about that so I think that's a rare rare exception & I was just unlucky.

QC - BODIES. 8/8 wave 1 bodies broke for me. Wave 2 & 3 DID NOT Break nor did the FREE replacement wave 1 bodies I rec'd! GREAT Customer Service, but I also think they indulged me w/ my replacement wave 1 bodies due to my plethora of pics proving my claim & I asked for them while making a a $250+ order that I said to cancel if their manager did NOT ok the 8 FREE replacement bodies. They sent them! Male bodies are fine to me but need just 1 more tweak, finding a way for them to lift BOTH arms up w/out coming together & only the figure's head can keep them apart on all I've tried. I admit I need to try more figures. But they are still too tightly strung. The FTC female body needs to come as SHOWN in their prototype pics. They need to put a disclaimer on ALL NEW purchases about the female bodies w/ neck issues BEFORE ANY NEW ORDERS & offer a cancelation, return, refund or free female replacement body for every customer who this is a problem for. They should also IMO use clear wraps around the female heads as they look rushed, messy & display poorly w/out opening the figure & fixing it. But that causes you to touch a figure, replace it's body & fix it's hair IF you want MIB figures. You shouldn't have to fix figures bought for MIB collections. Then they are not untouched. I buy x2 or x3 of all FTC DC products so far (- Batman 66 exclusives/accessories sets so far) & I am like x3 customers. So are my friends who WERE buying (& planning on buying) @ least x2 of each DC figure. But if we have to spend more $ to fix the MIB figures, wait on replacement bodies & reseal them (no longer untouched).....WHY then BUY multiples then?

My opinion on The PlayerOnTheOtherSide comments in the past: I have NO problem at all w/ anyones positive opinions of any of FTC DC releases, or any of their releases. It was the constant posts pretty much saying our opinions & complaints were just excessively negative that bother me personally. I'm not referring to you jayraytee, you haven't done that & bring up some valid points. It's the player who literally said there was 2 sides. 1 side who was helping the company by getting people excited about FTC's products by their positive message in their posts. Then The player said thei was the Negative team or side (*NOT his exact words of course) who think we are helping FTC by complaining about what we thought was BIG issues & wanting the company to succeed....but our overly negative criticisms seem to bother him. If posters on the mego museum want to post their opinion either positive, negative, neutral or indifferent that is our right. But I'm sorry to say that when nobody had mentioned a few negative things about the big head issue for awhile....the player seemed (IMO) to NOT like it & started posting these supposedly general statements about the products. If you ever went & read them & looked at many of The player's posts.....you will see goading, belittling of differing opinions & passive aggressive comments everywhere. I'm NOT the only person who sees it & I could copy & paste so many examples of this its NOT EVEN FUNNY. I will go back to ignoring his statements. But an example would be like: FTC is working on shrinking the head sizes on new upcoming figures. I thought I would post that since I know it seems to be a big deal to some of the people here. Sounds like an honest statement. It is. Couple it with so many of his past passive-aggressive comments.....it's pretty transparent. It's common on many website/message boards. He truly wants to be ThePlayer ON The OTHER SIDE. -enough said

I think complaining repeatedly about complainers on a message board is fine. But look a little deeper. This is different. Passive-Aggressive. Text book. My opinion of course & do not expect it to bother Theplayer at all, nor do I want it to. I think we could all get along, if there wasn't 2 imposed SIDES. I want nothing more than SUCCESS for all FTC offerings. I want them to sell these for years.
                    Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 15, '14, 3:12 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                      What exactly is the neck issue I keep hearing about? Nobody has ever posted a picture that I know of.

Is the neck peg actually crushed into the body? Or is the head just pushed too far down on the peg?

I ordered my WW at the same time I order the 66 Penguin so I don't have a figure yet to even look at. For the record, I've also ordered the Supergirl/Batgirl 2 pack.

JeffBearCO
                      Hey Jeff. I have a bunch of pics I'll try to add later but the short story (hard for me to do lol):

Every FTC BATGIRL released so far has been reported to have a neck that was SEALED incorrectly in the body so only 1/3 or 2/3 of her neck is present. So on EVERY Batgirl I've seen to date has about 1/2 her neck sealed inside her body & I could not pull it out w/ vice grips or anything else at all w/out breaking or damaging the body & needing the cut it open & reseal it. I will not let my nephews, nor do I pay for, defective products that I have to fix at these prices. Every WW pictured (not many yet) are also incorrectly assembled. I'll try to take a pic of FTC Catwoman (CORRECTLY assembled neck & FTC Batgirl (INCORRECTLY assembled neck) side by side for you if you'd like! Let me know!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jeffbearco

JeffBearCO
                        Have been wondering the same thing, I've gotten all the female figures so far and each of mine look fine. Then again mine are display and not for play.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

I love what FTC is doing. I just wish their products could be for DISPLAY or PLAY. MEGO figures were fantastic to play with & stand up w/ normal play even if you take them out of the box 40 years later. There are exceptions of course. Where mego figures broke easily too. I just though 40 years of technological advances would have helped FTC put out a Superior product to mego figs of old. Guess not. Everyone I know feels that way. They just don't post on here or facebook about it unfortunately.

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            Bingo. The 'big head' issue has almost gotten to the point where its the boy crying wolf, because we hear it every time with a new figure, even though plenty of people counter it by saying it doesn't look that bad. Even if Jayna's head is the exact same size once it goes to production, adding a suit and collar will likely make the head look much better if not completely in proportion with the rest of her body.

I think there's a fine line between voicing displeasure and being seen as simply complaining every time regardless of circumstance. I know there's a subset of posters here that feels that FTC is slighting them and not taking them seriously, but I don't think they realize how parroting the same complaints with each figure comes across.
                            The big head issue keeps coming up because we keep seeing it. It's an issue that's not limited to this line or even this manufacturer (we saw similar complaints with some of the Mattel DC figures). And the only figures I've seen folks complaining about are the ones suffering from the problem. I've seen no complaints about the new Tarzan figures, because all of them, including the one with a newly sculpted head, look fine. And, yes, some folks say it's fine. It's the ones that don't think so that are the concern, and it SHOULD be a concern, especially with a small line like this. QC issues like this can have a cumulative effect, as folks following Mattel's Master of the Universe Classics line can attest.

You can say it doesn't look bad, but you can't say it looks right, any more than the females with their necks assembled wrong. And its something they can do right, as evidenced by the aforementioned Tarzan figure. For some, it's not a big deal; for others like me, not being able to do something a company did 40 years ago with only a few slips is a major issue, and it has already affected the number of figures I've bought. I would have gotten at least one more Alfred had the head been done correctly, and I can say the same for Bizarro (I would have been tempted to get multiples as a base for other Bizarro heroes).

People like me are pointing out what's becoming a consistent problem; that's not crying wolf, that's letting the company know we are not pleased and it is going to affect what we buy from them. I'd think any company would want to know that. I've noted the makers of the Six Million Dollar Man 8" figures are touting the newest version of Steve Austin as having a smaller head, so the issue is being taken seriously there, especially considering that this is likely the LAST figure in that line. I, and I think most of the others who keep bringing this subject up, don't want to see the same happen here. I'd much rather see those people voice their displeasure and give FTC a chance to fix it than to remain silent and just take their money elsewhere.

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

On original mego bodies and previous FTC female releases, the bulbous lower end of the neck post rested outside the body, giving the figure a longer neck; however, the bulbous end of the neck post on the new FTC releases are on the inside of the body, giving the females somewhat of a no-neck look.

I prefer the original construction, but this is not as big an issue to me as the big heads.

Some may see the continued complaints about the big heads as overkill, but until FTC releases several newly designed figures with the proper-sized head, it also appears the complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

I don't believe that is the case. I suspect the Batman Wave 4 and the release of GL, Flash and Hawkman, which were all originally announced for this year, have been moved until later to correct the issue. At least, I hope that's the case.

But, until there is evidence, it's hard to know or assume FTC is making corrections.

Likewise, with the female figures, Batgirl was the first release with the neck issue. The Wonder Woman figure may have been too far along for a correction. Hopefully, future releases of female figures will be corrected, but until we see it, I think the complaints are valid.

As others have said, these criticisms aren't meant to demean or torpedo FTC's efforts. I'm ready to buy just about every DC character FTC could make, if those figures are well done. Same for Diamond/emce's Marvel releases.
                              Last edited by madmarva; Sep 15, '14, 3:41 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                                The big head issue keeps coming up because we keep seeing it. It's an issue that's not limited to this line or even this manufacturer (we saw similar complaints with some of the Mattel DC figures). And the only figures I've seen folks complaining about are the ones suffering from the problem. I've seen no complaints about the new Tarzan figures, because all of them, including the one with a newly sculpted head, look fine. And, yes, some folks say it's fine. It's the ones that don't think so that are the concern, and it SHOULD be a concern, especially with a small line like this. QC issues like this can have a cumulative effect, as folks following Mattel's Master of the Universe Classics line can attest.

You can say it doesn't look bad, but you can't say it looks right, any more than the females with their necks assembled wrong. And its something they can do right, as evidenced by the aforementioned Tarzan figure. For some, it's not a big deal; for others like me, not being able to do something a company did 40 years ago with only a few slips is a major issue, and it has already affected the number of figures I've bought. I would have gotten at least one more Alfred had the head been done correctly, and I can say the same for Bizarro (I would have been tempted to get multiples as a base for other Bizarro heroes).

People like me are pointing out what's becoming a consistent problem; that's not crying wolf, that's letting the company know we are not pleased and it is going to affect what we buy from them. I'd think any company would want to know that. I've noted the makers of the Six Million Dollar Man 8" figures are touting the newest version of Steve Austin as having a smaller head, so the issue is being taken seriously there, especially considering that this is likely the LAST figure in that line. I, and I think most of the others who keep bringing this subject up, don't want to see the same happen here. I'd much rather see those people voice their displeasure and give FTC a chance to fix it than to remain silent and just take their money elsewhere.
                                Absolutely.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎