X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astronut
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by comicmike
    imo, having the the tall boots is important. i think it's too bad she ended up with short boots. Why even show tall boots the website pics if it's not what we get?
    Agreed. I wonder what happened? Strange...

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by comicmike
      imo, having the the tall boots is important. i think it's too bad she ended up with short boots. Why even show tall boots the website pics if it's not what we get?

*I ordered x2 SETS of x2 Wonder Woman FTC re-mego figure sets thru EE because they were cheaper for x4 WW dolls ($20 each + FREE S/H w/ the Buy 1 get 40% OFF 2nd set) than if I ordered x3 WW & paid $75 + $15-$19 S/H thru FTC/CTVT.

Wonder Woman (8" & 12") were two of my FAVORITE childhood mego dolls, & I'm very disappointed that it looks like she'll be coming w/ SHORT RED BOOTS & even SHORTER NECKS! If Batgirl having short boots was an issue, why repeat that same mistake for WW? If BATGIRL having incorrectly assembled NECKS was an issue, why NOT address this with the factory & make sure she had the correct neck, like CATWOMAN ??? Superman's costume looks great (do like the smaller vintage "S" on the chest but that's minor), BUT his head looks too BIG & Loooongg w/ oversized eyes in comparison w/ his vintage counterpart. I'm still happy to get them, BUT like BATGIRLs' necks, I'm hoping FTC doesn't end up w/ a whole wave's worth of INCORRECTLY assembled figures! If my x4 FTC WW dolls come w/ x4 incorrectly assembled necks (like my x3 Batgirl figures)....then I hope they are ready to send out some FREE female bodies to FIX this problem.

BATGIRL (tied for 1st as my fav childhood WGSH mego w/ Robin & WW) was not only sporting incorrectly assembled necks on all x3 of mine, I just noticed a MIB Batgirl looked strange in her package so I opened it to find she EXPLODED at the CROTCH from the super tight stringing. I hope the FTC Superman can do the famous outstretched arms "flying pose".....since I've tried w/ my wave 1 & wave 3 Batman & Robin figures (Wave 1 figures on improved replacement bodies courtesy of FTC) & NONE of them are strung loosely enough to strike & hold that iconic mego pose! All of the previously released figures end up doing the Village People's "A" pose in their infamous "YMCA" dance. I LOVE these offerings, but I'm hoping improvements kick in QUICKLY! I'm losing my excitement & literally feeling my interest waning unfortunately!

P.S. Can someone w/ open WW & Superman FTC figures pose them side by side w/ their mego counterparts? Maybe in different poses showing their pose-ability? I would so greatly appreciate it if someone was going to do a photo shoot anyways! Also, Superman's costume looks GREAT....but I hope that 1 pic of WW's costume just needs straightening & isn't that baggy & short in the sleeves. Thanks for any help w/ my ?s or inquiries guys (& ladies)! - invisiblelad
      Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 4, '14, 5:17 PM.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Mine just arrived. No plans to take it out, but don;t have as much of an issue with the short boots since the SS ones are there. Really love the packaging with (mostly) updated classic Mego style on the front and back.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by VintageMike
          Mine just arrived. No plans to take it out, but don;t have as much of an issue with the short boots since the SS ones are there. Really love the packaging with (mostly) updated classic Mego style on the front and back.

That card design is really sharp, I wish they'd use it on all the superhero figures from now on.

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

Still no clear hand bands, and the hair looks a mess.

Comment

• megoscott
              Founding Partner
              • Nov 17, 2006

How's her neck? Can you tell? Same as Batgirl?

Bodysuit looks shiny?
              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

So I got my set of 2 WW figures today. Both had the neck-in-the-body issue just the same as Batgirl. Popped them out with vice-grips and now they are fine. No damage but they should have been assembled correctly in the first place. Both had "frozen" right knees that I had to force loose. No damage and now they work fine. Both had "frozen" left hips that I was able to work loose. Again, no damage and they work fine now. Both have short boots. Would have preferred the taller boots. The sleeves are too short. The silkscreen work is BEAUTIFUL! All in all, I'm glad I got them but FTC really has to work on Quality Control. I shouldn't have to open and "fix" two brand new figures.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Not happy to hear about the same assembly problem on WW neck we saw on Batgirl. Catwoman was fine, as are all the loose bodies I've gotten from FTC. I've tried pulling the necks out, but have yet to be successful. This was a problem with the original figures (for a different reason; the necks slipped into the hole rather than being put together wrong), but it was easily fixed. I have to say, I'm feeling a Mattel-esque vibe as things go on, between the bulbous heads and now bodies not being assembled correctly. I got one of each Wondy mainly for an extra for customs, but that doesn't work if she has no perceptible neck.

THese figures are something I've really been excited about, but the problems are starting to pile up, and this one is serious. The figures are actually defective, and I hope FTC is seriously addressing this. I'm assuming they are producing the bodies as they produce each wave rather than stocking up on them (storage costs, I would think, would negate any savings on running a huge batch), so hopefully the next female can be done right. If they did have a big batch made up, I hope we don't have to go through a few more waves like this to use up the bodies.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    Not happy to hear about the same assembly problem on WW neck we saw on Batgirl. Catwoman was fine, as are all the loose bodies I've gotten from FTC. I've tried pulling the necks out, but have yet to be successful. This was a problem with the original figures (for a different reason; the necks slipped into the hole rather than being put together wrong), but it was easily fixed. I have to say, I'm feeling a Mattel-esque vibe as things go on, between the bulbous heads and now bodies not being assembled correctly. I got one of each Wondy mainly for an extra for customs, but that doesn't work if she has no perceptible neck.

THese figures are something I've really been excited about, but the problems are starting to pile up, and this one is serious. The figures are actually defective, and I hope FTC is seriously addressing this. I'm assuming they are producing the bodies as they produce each wave rather than stocking up on them (storage costs, I would think, would negate any savings on running a huge batch), so hopefully the next female can be done right. If they did have a big batch made up, I hope we don't have to go through a few more waves like this to use up the bodies.
                    Again, I'll start by saying I shouldn't have to do any "fixing" of brand new figures but the neck issue was pretty easy to remedy. I removed WW's head and, using vice grips, pulled the neck up out of the body cavity. It separated just enough at the shoulder to allow the neck to pop out but not so much as to damage it or require gluing. On the second one, I didn't even have to remove the head. I just grabbed and tugged on it while wiggling it back and forth and it popped out. Again, the shoulder seam split just enough that there was no damage and no need to re-glue. Not sure what was up with the frozen knees and hips though.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Good news for those that ordered Wonder Woman from somewhere besides FTC.

BBTS has my pre-order in-stock!

I will let them sit in my Pile of Loot, at least through September, as I wait for a couple of others item to come in before I ship.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I like the screening & the head/hair--the costume tailoring & boots need addressed IMO.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by drogge
                          Still no clear hand bands, and the hair looks a mess.
                          The hair in that picture looks very nice IMO. The short boots look bad but there's a simple solution: Just remove them. Since WW came without them on some cards it's completely consistent with the original Megos, plus makes the figure look better when displayed. Win-win.

Comment

• drogge
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            The hair in that picture looks very nice IMO. The short boots look bad but there's a simple solution: Just remove them. Since WW came without them on some cards it's completely consistent with the original Megos, plus makes the figure look better when displayed. Win-win.
                            I think the hair will look somewhat decent if you leave her in the card, but if you want to display her outside the box or handle her much the clear band will be very useful. One snag of the hair will cause a lot problems. It would just be nice to help protect the styling.

Comment

• Astronut
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by drogge
                              I think the hair will look somewhat decent if you leave her in the card, but if you want to display her outside the box or handle her much the clear band will be very useful. One snag of the hair will cause a lot problems. It would just be nice to help protect the styling.
                              I say get a thin piece of acetate and slice a strip off, tape it in the back, and slide it over the top. There ya go.
                              Last edited by Astronut; Sep 7, '14, 8:13 AM.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

I was never a fan of Mego Wonder Woman cloth bodysuit or painted tiara, but the FTC repro WW has grown on me for her place in Mego history if anything!

I still prefer Mego's 1st 12" Lynda Carter Wonder Woman which my little sister got when she 1st came out! I had dim memory of Mego 8" WW having only seen her once in a Christmas catalog in 1974 when I was 4! Mego cancelled 8" WW to sell 12" WW and 8" WW was never pictured on bubble cards so I was left to wonder if 8" WW ever existed!

In 1989 when I officially started collecting toys I acquired both 8" and 12" Mego WW figures but soon sold 8"!

Now I am glad to have FTC 8" WW as part of a soon complete DC WGSH collection! I would eventually like an updated FTC 8" Wonder Woman and MORE WW characters! I wish FTC could reproduce 12" WW dolls or maybe an 18"! A TV Lynda Carter WW 8" figure is still my dream!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎