Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

I have ordered a Wonder Woman figure but I ordered it with the 66 Penguin. I will display her next to the Matel version, but she will always look like a much earlier version.

I'm still not over enthusiastic about how it looks, but I really want to support FTC and the character. I REALLY hope they do an improved version for the Super Friends line!

It may inspire me to finally make a custom WW figure of my own. We shall see.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Always good for FTC and the hobby in general to see figures selling out. Would be interesting to know if either card design was selling better than the other? I think they nailed the headshot design. Mickey?

Comment

• Boxheadman
        • Jul 24, 2014

Retailers get a mix of 6 of each. The Mego card has outsold the full-body card for us at a rate of about 2:1.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Boxheadman
          Retailers get a mix of 6 of each. The Mego card has outsold the full-body card for us at a rate of about 2:1.
          Thanks for the feedback, the first two Batman series were pretty corny but the WW headshots were perfect.

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ after becoming concerned that EE has had the FTC Wonder Woman Sets (of x2 Figs) since Sept.12, & NOT having any kind of shipping notice, I called & spoke to a rep on the phone. I'm stoked I called because an error occurred somehow & my BUY 1 Get 1 40% OFF x2 WW sets (x4 WW dolls) & my BOGO 40% OFF x1 DC SUPER POWERS wv.1 & x1 Batman SUPER POWERS Fist Fighters Wv.2 were mysteriously missing. My rep (Carrie who was AWESOME) saw that my order history w/ EE shows a loyal & good customer, & saw all my other FTC BOGO 40% orders (did them all separately ordering 2 same priced items each transaction to maximize the savings/discount) & since my:
            x2 BATMAN 66 wv.1 = Shipped (rec'd a month ago)
            x2 Superman wv.1 = Backorder (Preordered)
            x2 BATMAN 66 wv.2 = Backorder (Preordered)

She found there was a problem and I made x2 NEW orders:
            x2 Wonder Woman SET of 2 (x4 figs) = SHIPPING Tomorrow (hope I get them b4 my BIG Birthday Sept.28 since I got mego 8" WONDER WOMAN for my 3rd &/or 4th B-day!)
            x1 SUPER POWERS DC FF + x1 SUPER POWERS Batman FF wv.2 = Backorder (Preordered)
            She gave me the original Buy 1 Get 1 40% off because they believe me that I made the order. I spoke to her supervisor & gave her a RAVE review also!

So I should have my x4 FTC Wonder Woman dolls in about 1 week b4 my B-Day.Here's my QUESTION:
            ???s:
            HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS GOT FTC WW ???

How MANY FTC WW's did you purchase?

Did ANY of you get a FTC WW w/ the CORRECTLY ASSEMBLED NECK?

Thanks for any answers you guys can give me!
            Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 18, '14, 3:55 PM.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 11, 2014

I can tell you they are easily still available for those that want them. And not for anyone to make high price buys on these.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                I can tell you they are easily still available for those that want them. And not for anyone to make high price buys on these.
                Thanks Mickey! I wish when I was collecting JLU & some MOTUC that a person in the know w/ Mattel & mattycollector.com would have spoke up & let me know that certain figures Mattel listed as SOLD OUT was really there in LARGE numbers in their warehouse, & that they'd be there for future sales. Mattel lost many customers from people believing them when they said items were sold out (artificial demand) & customers went to ebay & paid a premium ONLY 2 find the items returning to mattycollector many many times (many times on SALE or Clearance).

So THANKS mickey, It's good for people to know when they shouldn't go crazy & pay more than they should to get these FTC WW figures!

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                  Here's my QUESTION:
                  ???s:
                  HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS GOT FTC WW ???

How MANY FTC WW's did you purchase?

Did ANY of you get a FTC WW w/ the CORRECTLY ASSEMBLED NECK?

Thanks for any answers you guys can give me!
                  Got my Wondy's last night (two of 'em). Both had the sunken necks; one I had to pop off the head and pull up with pliers, the other actually pooped up when I tried pulling off the head. I can say we'll eventually have the old time Mego problem with these figures as the days go by, though; when I pushed the head back on the first figure, the neck slipped back down in. Now, that problem is easy enough to deal with, but it wouldn't happen if you didn't have to weaken where the shoulders are fused pulling it up. There's no sign of that happening (or even that it could down the line) on the Catwoman bodies I have, where the neck was made correctly. The costume is baggy, but so was the original (and the original was a significantly thicker material, as well). I did slap a pair of tall Dr. Mego boots on the one I'm displaying (the second is custom fodder/spare parts, and I wanted both cards to keep) and it looks good. And count me as someone who is kind of glad that she doesn't have a strictly defined flip on the bottom of her hair like the original. I always thought that looked awful, as none of the comic book based gals had that style at the time. The looser look is actually closer to the comics.

It's a good re-creation of the original, even down to the way-too-pink skin tone of the bodysuit (my original was like that). For 25 bucks, I get a new, crisp, bright version that's more than close enough to the original to satisfy me, and I don't have to shell out a whole lot more trying to find a 40 year old one that's in that good shape (if such a thing even exists after all these years). It just makes me really wish FTC, rather than Diamond, had the license to make the 8" Marvels, as well. Having the whole original Mego line-up in brand spanking new figures would be action figure heaven...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ SCOTT Metz...... THANK YOU for your review buddy! I appreciate that & hope you post some pics as well, especially of the WW in the Dr. Mego red boots! I have a big bag of generic 70's doll boots I got a few years back w/ almost every basic color, I might skip the expense of about $9-$11 bucks for a single pair of red repro boots on ebay & just try these generic 70s ones (NOT nearly as sturdy tho I'd presume) on my FTC BATGIRL & WW. I'll see how they look & maybe grad a pair of Dr. Mego yellow & Red repro boots if I place a larger order from him. I should send the bill for the pairs of Dr. Mego repro boots for Batgirl & Wondy to FTC....since in their proto pics used to solicit my orders they use (used) the PROPER style boots in their pics! lol. Thanks again Scott! Mine should be shipped from EE today & my birthday is the 28th, & I look forward to getting these x4 WW before then because I got 8" WW (& possibly my 1st version of 12" mego WW as well) for my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th B-day! I loved daily re-runs of BATMAN 1966 TV show & prime time WONDER WOMAN so much as a toddler that I'd take my mego dolls to watch the shows with me! I also LOVED all incarnations of the SUPER FRIENDS & have early memories of the !977 Filmation BATMAN series as well. My FAVORITE TOYS as a Toddler reflected my first & strong BOYHOOD CRUSHES: Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, CATWOMAN Julie Newmar, CATWOMAN Eartha Kitt, BATGIRL Yvonne Craig & Burt Ward ROBIN! I loved them o much & they were my favorite MEGO figures in 8", 12", & CAH & Pocket Super Heroes as well!

I also had a BIG CRUSH on Lt. UHURA as portrayed by Nichelle Nichols, so her 8" was also a Favorite as well as My ISIS 8" as well.
                    Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 19, '14, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Yep, had the crush on Ms.Carter as well. Superfriends was what got me into DC comics and Megos to a big degree (my first issue of Justice League of America touted "Here Come TV's Super Friends" on the cover), and I, too, followed the show all the way through. THat's a big part of the reason I'm so excited about these figures, and so adamant about the problems. Megos are what started me off as a toy collector; I'd had Matt Mason and Captain Action and GI Joe, but it was the Megos that captured me and never let go. This is what I grew up on, and what made me a big super hero fan to this day. These aren't just some toys I'm picking up; they take me back to some really good days that had a big impact on the person I grew into.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Me too Scott, me too! These FTC re-Mego figures are something I use to entertain my x2 nephews (& myself) for hours of innocent & imaginative play. My younger nephew (7) is on the spectrum, & by playing w/ him with little people, then Batman animated figures/JLU, masters of the Universe classics & NOW FTC mego dolls....I'm constantly teaching him. All my nieces, nephews & my daughter had the benefit of me playing with them for hours & hours every week. While playing FTC or EMCE Trek re-megos (& a lot of JL/JLU + MOTUC) they are using there imaginations & there vocabulary is vastly superior to the average American kids their ages due to this play time. It's innocent & time they treasure w/ their Uncle. My daughter had many action figures & we spent hours ( & 4 me thousands of dollars) w/ BARBIE & all her friends (100s cause I'm OCD). Famous Cover Series Marvel figures entertained my niece, daughter & I for hours every week also. You see my nephews (like their friends) usually spend time playing video games for hours, where they steal cars, rob banks & shoot people/Cops. I find this PLAY Time to be super important & vital, so I demand FTC put out products that can at least be near approaching the quality & durability of Megos from 40 years ago. I PLAY with my TOYS....& A LOT, & should expect FTC's action figures to be safe & durable for play time. So far we've been super careful w/ these FTC figures due to cloth outfits ripping & x8 arms snapping off (4 were MIB).

*These TOYS are linked to our childhoods & innocent times of the past. This is a 1 TIME chance to not only go back in time to re-buy our megos....but to re-buy our childhoods! This is VERY important to me & a dream come true....So yes I'm VERY passionate & vocal about my support of FTC....but also my fears of QC problems killing off this line before it gets to so many new characters Mego never made!
                        Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 19, '14, 3:06 PM.

Comment

• rjm118
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 25, 2012

I was really looking forward to Wonder Woman, IMO she falls flat.

They should have just left the boots off, unless they were doing the tall ones true to the original. One leg was shorter than the other but I have to check, it could be the boots, the hair is a mess and the head needs to be pulled up.

Dont love the fleshtone of the costume either.

I think at this price point a simple band around the head isnt a lot to ask for.

That saaid, I will continue to support this line as long as I get a Black Canary, lol.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by rjm118
                            I was really looking forward to Wonder Woman, IMO she falls flat.

They should have just left the boots off, unless they were doing the tall ones true to the original. One leg was shorter than the other but I have to check, it could be the boots, the hair is a mess and the head needs to be pulled up.

Dont love the fleshtone of the costume either.

I think at this price point a simple band around the head isnt a lot to ask for.

That saaid, I will continue to support this line as long as I get a Black Canary, lol.
                            I really don't understand why they added short boots, as you said. Either give us the correct long boots like Mego did, or save yourself a few cents and just leave the boots off.

As for the legs, on one of my figures it appeared that one arm was shorter, but I opened the card and it turns out the torso was leaning to one side was all. Still don't understand why so many are hung up with the neck thing. IMO the female figures look fine as are, and it seems that some are either breaking the figures or almost breaking them trying to correct a 'problem' on a figure that seems to display just fine as is.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              Still don't understand why so many are hung up with the neck thing. IMO the female figures look fine as are, and it seems that some are either breaking the figures or almost breaking them trying to correct a 'problem' on a figure that seems to display just fine as is.
                              Only people named Bluto or Mugsy have no necks; Princess Diana has always had one in every appearance I've seen. Seriously, I don't think many folks could look at Wonder Woman and not see something wrong, even if they've never seen a Mego figure before; it's a pretty glaring mistake. Batgirl at least had the cape to cover the error, and even there I knew something was wrong as soon as I took her out of the package. Here, you just can't miss it unless you really, really try.

As for the fleshtone mentioned in the previous post, that is like the original. I think it was a deliberate nod.

Comment

• rjm118
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Apr 25, 2012

I ordered 2 WW and both have neck issues, one more obvious than the other.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎