X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
    I am usually patient and order from BBTS so they can hold my stuff until other items come in, so I can save on shipping. But I had to order the exclusives through FTC, so my boxing figures are hung up due to Pink Cowl Batman. Oh well. At least I have my Superman! My Wonder Woman order is through BBTS. It's hard to be patient when you see others posting pictures
    Actually!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Wasimhosen
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]12386[/ATTACH]
      Look what the nice mail lady brought me today.
      That Superman costume looks 100% better than the preview pictures. Excellent job, Figures!

Comment

• Wasimhosen
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 23, 2011

Originally posted by drogge
        My order of Early Superman and Wonder Woman are being held up by the pink cowl Batman, so frustrating. I remember now why I avoid Pre-orders. I quickly ordered the 2-packs thinking they would sell out, and now I am also waiting util October. I just need to learn to be patient.
        I made a separate order for each one hoping they would ship as available. Looks like I was right.

Comment

• megonaught
          Career Member
          • Jan 29, 2008

This sucks.
          My superman and wonder woman is held up because i ordered series two tv batman for a friend.
          Now i have to wait til those get released.
          This sucks.
          Action Jackson is his name.
          Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

Just got Superman and he is SUPER! Love the costume colors! Brings back fond memories of my 1st Mego in 1972 when I was 2!

Wish 2-packs had shipped this week so I could have Aquaman, Green Arrow, Supergirl and Shazam with my Superman and Wonder Woman!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Got my Superman one day early and really like it! It's about as close as you get to the original (IMO). The package pieces consist of the backer card, clam case, and removable insert tray with a bonus emblem attached to that tray with some removable adhesive.

This is the adhesive showing on the backside of that bonus emblem.

The clam shell also has a sticker that says "Early Bird" First release."

The backer card is especially nice with a beautiful sheen to it.

Superman himself is impressive. I didn't see any head issues. I think some of that is the way he's photographed, but in person it looks very much in proportion.

The belt is somewhat translucent but very much in the way the early editions were. Nice touch.

The boots are especially shiny and look impressive in person on the figure.

The cape hangs down in the back more like the comic interpretation, which I think is an improvement. The material appears to be similar to the original Mego capes, but comes down a little further. Another nice touch. There is no emblem on the cape, although the spare emblem would easily fix that.

I did not detect any tightness in how my figure was strung. He seem to have all the range my Mego counterpart has.

And he looks great next to my FTC RM Batman. Now there's a nicely recreated Mego moment there!

I'm very pleased with this Superman. I think he's built well with a few improvements in the cut of the cape, how it lays off the shoulders and the look of the boots. The head and paints look solid. What I think people are seeing in the eyes is the fact the pupils don't slant down in the mold. They have a slightly raised, bulbous quality to them that might impact how some see him. For me it's not anything distracting. I'll have to check the earliest version of my Mego Supermen. That might be something that was on that original mold. Not sure, but nevertheless, it looks like a solid Mego Superman to me. I'll be collecting this whole series.

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Nice review. He looks great!
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Bruce Wayne 27 1967
                  • Mar 9, 2010

Definitely enjoyed the photos & the review was excellent too! Thx, MIB41

Comment

• megonaught
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 29, 2008

He looks awesome.
                    I really like the supes next to bats.
                    Action Jackson is his name.
                    Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                      Mego Dork
                      • Nov 9, 2008

I was already sodl but now I am doubly sold! Thanks, Tom!

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 3, 2010

Now I can order one. Thanks
                        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• MegoSteve
                          Superman's Pal
                          • Jun 17, 2005

Great pics, Tom!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

What a beautiful figure--I'll bet the extra emblem would look great applied to the cape.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

Thanks Tom, the head looks a lot better in your pics and the suit just looks perfect, really glad they eliminated the bagginess of the 'prototype'. Appreciate how FTC continues to improve the figures, can't wait to get mine.

Comment

• levyguy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 4, 2009

Thanks for the photos- Superman looks very good!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎