• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Them eyes make Lee look like Mego Drac

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

I love Bruce Timm and this is a great piece, but, man, he made Lee's eyes really crooked. It makes me feel better that even the veterans aren't perfect.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Timm does that sometimes. Just look at the classic BTAS image used in the closing credits. Batman's eyes are crooked, and the left eye closest to us is smaller than the right eye farther away from us. It's always kinda bugged me...and I'm a HUGE fan of his stuff.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

^^Wow, I've seen that Batman image a million times and never realized that! Crazy!!

I love his work too.

On a side note, you do the Power Records podcast, yes? I listened to the Spider-Man and the Monsters episode yesterday and they were great! I still have that first Batman LP that probably doesn't have grooves in it anymore I played it so much. Have you guys done a Batman episode yet? Those are my all time favorites.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, for some reason I noticed that weird eye thing right off the..er...bat. I think it was staring at the Kenner packaging over and over.

And yes, I co-host the Power Records podcast with Rob Kelly. Rob covered a Batman/Riddler story solo, and then I joined him on "Robin Meets Man-Bat" for my first-ever podcasting gig. Rob and Michael Baily covered the Batman story on the Power Records DC Christmas album as well. We'll definitely be dipping back into Batman in the future. The Batman album with he and Robin running on the beach (sounds weird) is my all-time favorite, and a cherished piece of my childhood!

Here's a list of all the Power Records episodes:

The official podcast of The Aquaman Shrine & Firestorm Fan! Covering DC Comics Aquaman & Firestorm, plus the Who's Who Podcast!

Thanks for listening!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

^Oh, very cool, thank you! I was listening on Stitcher and I hadn't taken the time to locate all the episodes. I love the Man-Bat story but Stacked Cards is my favorite. Scared me to death with all the dead bodies! HAHA!

Sorry everyone, back to the beautiful Dracula piece!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Power Records had no problem with gruesome homicide, suicidal clowns...you name it, they did it! We need to do that Stacked Cards story...

Yes, sorry everyone. Back to the Dracula piece. If it makes you feel any better, the Power Records Dracula/Frankenstein/Werewolf record is VERY Hammer-like!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• bobws
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 13, 2008

The important thing is look how beautiful he drew my girl Caroline Munro!
                  "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• creature
                    • Jan 4, 2009

This is awesome!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I just watched this again this weekend, and got Cindy to watch it with me. The hippie scenes at the beginning are too long, and the close-ups of the rather unattractive band don't help, but once you get past that, it's an enjoyable flick. Stephanie Beachum and Caroline Munro are quite lovely in it, and the actor playing Johnny Alucard chews more scenery than Blackula. Lee's an evil bastich as usual. Peter Cushing shows up and gets the job done, as always!

The music in this one is a bit of a let down. It's too "70s cop show" and no old-school Hammer. I like the score of "The Satanic Rites of Dracula" better, as it effectively mixes the two. The film itself, isn't nearly as enjoyable.

Getting back to the Timm piece, he definitely merged the two films there.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, that sound track is overbearingly early 70s. To me music dates films worse than anything else.
                        I enjoyed the prologue more than the rest of the film. The ladies were lovely, though.

After watching this, I'd kind of like to see a Dirty Harry-Dracula mashup.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎