Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond Select Piggy Banks? Any Fans Here?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Diamond Select Piggy Banks? Any Fans Here?

Kinda kicking myself for not picking up the Creature and Frankenstein when I had the chance, I see they are putting out a bunch more and they look really cool. I'll definitely be getting the Metaluna Mutant one, and I really like the Star Wars ones coming out too, as well as the Godzilla. Is anybody collecting these?

• enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Yeah I have a few...Creature, Spider-Man, classic Iron Man, Thor, Dr. Doom and Hulk. They also have 66 Batman ones coming.

There's also a guy out there that repaints them and takes them from a simple $20 bank to a $200 work of art.
    Last edited by enyawd72; Aug 23, '14, 8:03 AM.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 14, 2012

I have two: Frankenstein's Monster and The Bride of Frankenstein. The sculpts and paint jobs on them are really nice. They're a cheap alternative to high priced collectable sculptures, and I think they look just as good on display.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I really like the Godzilla one, with the long tail.
        Just ignore the money slot (which is well-hidden) and you have a great vinyl figure.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Ssylyss
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 16, 2008

I plan on picking up all the pony banks, really interested to see which characters they do after the mane six. The sculpts are fantastic, and you can't beat the price. I'm just not sure why any of these are banks. Does anyone really use it for that?

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Ssylyss
            I'm just not sure why any of these are banks. Does anyone really use it for that?
            I'm guessing it's probably a license restriction since Funko already has the license to do MLP vinyl figures.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎