• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SentientApe
    Career Member
    • May 1, 2014

Originally posted by Mikey
    Clem, you need a IMDB page
    No kidding! Even my daughter (the same one as in the Amelias Pond photo, above) has more credits on her IMDB page than that!

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I was going to set up an IMDB page for myself but thought I should play in something first

Comment

• SentientApe
        Career Member
        • May 1, 2014

I have appeared multiple times on television, but your name has to actually be in the credits before you can appear legit.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by SentientApe
          I have appeared multiple times on television, but your name has to actually be in the credits before you can appear legit.
          Not always. Look at the people who played "a stormtrooper in Star Wars" and sell autographs. It gets ridiculous at times, especially when the "Jawa in Star Wars" is now a 300 pound bald guy...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• clemso
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 8, 2001

Yes i agree and understand that.

Originally posted by SentientApe

Comment

• SentientApe
              Career Member
              • May 1, 2014

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              Not always. Look at the people who played "a stormtrooper in Star Wars" and sell autographs. It gets ridiculous at times, especially when the "Jawa in Star Wars" is now a 300 pound bald guy...
              I stand by my statement: your name has to actually be in the credits before you can appear legit. You can have an IMBD page filled with dozens of film and TV credits, but if every single one only cites your appearance as "UNCREDITED", you have no real Claim to Fame .

...unless that claim is specifically that you are That Guy who repeatedly appears on screen without ever appearing in the credits (i.e., the Jumping and Shouting Ginger who magically violates continuity in "Ghostbusters II" by appearing in each crowd despite the shot establishment that he is concurrently across the street at the same moment)... but even then, I'm not sure that makes you "legit" in any sense of fandom.

I am not sure that the people in your example (in which, by the way, we are in agreement: "It gets ridiculous at times") were not named in the credits of the various Star Wars films, despite their arguably minuscule non-speaking on-screen-but-masked appearance(s).

I cast no dispersions on the myriad hard-working actors who never get more than crowd scenes, or non-speaking background roles... and if someone can bankroll a non-speaking costumed (masked) role into a paid autograph tour, that's really clever self-marketing. I can honestly see the legitimacy of an actor from certain iconic franchises -- such as Star Wars or Star Trek or Doctor Who or Planet of the Apes (etcetera) -- but with few exceptions I cannot understnad why anyone would pay $20 or more for their autograph.

There is an entire niche of actors who never get credited screen roles, but make a living appearing in commercials (at the time Joe Mantegna was my college acting teacher, he was only known from his commercial appearances, but that career has grown and now he is a principal cast member on "Criminal Minds").

My daughter, for instance, has been in two recent television series, but her scenes in each ended up on the cutting room floor. She appeared in the heavy-rotation "Sirens" television commercial, so she was on television hundreds of times every day for almost two months, but that was the scene that was cut from the aired episode. However, her page includes several on-screen named credits from smaller independent films and a still-in-production web series -- but that hardly sets her up to make any money selling autographed photos at cons. Among my television appearances, I appear on-screen at least nine times (as well as served as Fight Coordinator) in a specific episode of a certain television series, but if anyone seeks my autograph, it's probably for another reason entirely.
              Last edited by SentientApe; Aug 27, '14, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I didn't mean it all that seriously, but I agree with what you say...

Anyway, how about that Capaldi guy?
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

The first five minutes of "Into the Dalek" really define his Doctor IMO.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

A bit off topic but was watching the news last night and the bottom scroll read THIRD DOCTOR DIES

I was like, Jon Pertwee died ??? , hey wait a minute, he died in '96

Turned out they were talking about the ebola virus doctors

That's what I get when I have Who on the brain

Comment

• Godzilla
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 3, 2002

Damn, Into the Dalek was good. Really, really good. Similar to Eckelston's Dalek, but just different enough for it to be its own beast. As Brian suggested, Capaldi is wonderful especially in the first 10 minutes. Mr. Pink seems to be an interesting addition and Clara has managed to not bore me for 2 episodes now. I'm avoiding spoilers, but I'd be thrilled to talk details after others have seen it.
                      Mortui Vivos Docent
                      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• SentientApe
                        Career Member
                        • May 1, 2014

Whoops! Thanks... I lost track of the series, and forgot the newest episode was on tonight. And just in the nick of time, as the encore episode starts in 10 minutes...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

I'm thinking Missy is not the TARDIS,as was suggested.

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

Loved the second episode, great take for a Dalek story. Now his regeneration is out of the way Capaldi is already starting to get into his stride.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Into the Dalek was a fantastic episode on all levels.
                              Capaldi plays the part as if he's been doing it for years, and has the greatest lines with some very witty twists.
                              I feel that Clara is also a better match with him, they're a great team.
                              I think that the other teacher will possibly become the second companion, which is a nice echo of what the first Doctor had with his companions.

And the Dalek story was fresh and interesting, not an easy task with an old enemy.
                              This story was a joy to watch.

Not sure about this "Heaven" subplot, though...

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

I'm starting to think Missy and Heaven might be the Great Intelligence

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎