X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

Bent knee or broken knee pin

Asking for opinions on this piece. Does this look like the knee is bent or is the knee pin broken?

• boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

It's hard to tell from that angle. Looks bent to me.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• mpramuk
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 24, 2007

Using the seam in the boot as a guide for which way the knee should bend I'd guess it more likely bent.
      Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
      Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• SentientApe
        Career Member
        • May 1, 2014

You aren't going to like this advice, but if you shake the package (SLIGHTLY!) while holding it head-side-down, you should be able to detect if the knee pin is broken. If the pin is completely broken, the lower leg (knee to boot only) ought to wobble around at the knee not unlike, well, a broken leg. If it is only bent, the entire leg should move as a solid piece.

The downside to this test is that this action might dislodge the knife from the scabbard. Also, if the knee is broken, this might also dislodge the separated leg pieces and create a truly horrible showpiece MOC.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎