Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

You are killing me CrimsonGhost

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      My guess is that Mickey doesn't work for FTC but does have a close relationship with the people running the company, and probably channels his inner fanboy and shares too much here occasionally. I might find myself in the same situation if I were in his shoes. I appreciate his insights here as well as his love of these figures. We need more posters like him here, IMO.

As for the upcoming announcements, awesome, bring them on! Just a month or so till Early Bird Superman and Wonder Woman ships and I can't wait.
      That's not too far off, but the misdirection component leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        That's not too far off, but the misdirection component leaves a lot to be desired.
        If he intentionally posted information that he knows is incorrect, I agree.

Comment

• Megotu
          jerk
          • Dec 16, 2001

I think it's Pippi Longstocking.
          sigpic

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 11, 2014

Actually I've never ever misdirected on anything Hammer Time. Check your facts of what I said and then what others said. And anything I've ever stated will bare itself out as fact. It will be fun bringing this thread back in the future when it does!
            Last edited by mickeymoosemego; Aug 16, '14, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Sure. Have your fun, but it won't change that you've been dropping hints about things that aren't finalized, that you were supposed to keep mum.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I think there are a few of us here who "know things" from speaking to FTC. Some relish in the attention brought on from hint-dropping, others not so much. I treat every piece of information as 100% confidential and never ask "do you mind if I tell my friends?" simply because it's not my news to tell. I wouldn't want to steal any thunder from their facebook page by getting it out first.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Sure. Have your fun, but it won't change that you've been dropping hints about things that aren't finalized, that you were supposed to keep mum.
                  I don't think that's a big revelation to many of us that have been following Mickey's posts and I wouldn't call that 'misdirection'. Hopefully FTC will have some news to share soon and get us back on track.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    I don't think that's a big revelation to many of us that have been following Mickey's posts and I wouldn't call that 'misdirection'. Hopefully FTC will have some news to share soon and get us back on track.
                    I really don't care what you would call it or whether or not you agree with me. The idea that we supposedly need news from FTC to "get us back on track" tells me the hints and gamesmanship have been counterproductive, along with the negative feedback I've been getting.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

nt....
                      Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Aug 16, '14, 9:49 AM.

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

I think the hints are fun and playful, no harm or malice intended. I read every posts from EMCE Hammer and Mickey with a great deal of interested, I look forward to new figures. However, I truly hope Figures does not waste time on Harry Potter 8 inch.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                          Actually I've never ever misdirected on anything Hammer Time. Check your facts of what I said and then what others said. And anything I've ever stated will bare itself out as fact. It will be fun bringing this thread back in the future when it does!
                          Another "Back To The Future" hint?...

I can understand this stance. Some of the post I read from mickeymoosemego, especially in the beginning, has made me wonder if he is divulging too much info and what FTC really thinks of the hints, etc. although I don't think they have been that revealing after he touched base with FTC. Not to mention...

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                          I think there are a few of us here who "know things" from speaking to FTC. Some relish in the attention brought on from hint-dropping, others not so much. I treat every piece of information as 100% confidential and never ask "do you mind if I tell my friends?" simply because it's not my news to tell. I wouldn't want to steal any thunder from their facebook page by getting it out first.
                          I like when I come here and see a post that says FTC has posted new info, pictures, etc. on their Facebook account and then we all come back here and discuss it, good and bad. I think that's a lot of fun! I would prefer to get the news that way, a complete surprise, but I do like certain "leaks", like the EE exclusive, which gave us an idea of what was coming, but not the whole picture of the EE, Toycade AND Figures exclusives!

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

TRDouble, good eye!

Back to the Future would be excellent license with 30th anniversary in 2015! And cheaper than Hot Toys!

What about other 80s movie blockbusters Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones...

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by ovenmitt

Back to the Future would be excellent license with 30th anniversary in 2015! And cheaper than Hot Toys!
                              Hot Toys Marty will be worth the $$$, though.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

In BTTF Part 2 Marty and Doc time travelled to 2015! I wish they had told us how expensive action figures would be in 21st century!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎