Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • argent007
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 7, 2005

Magnum P.I. ? (Bigger than Harry Potter in my book...)
    My Updated Want List:
    Comic book original art
    1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
    Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

The Marvel thing is interesting. Not that Marvel is hurting for any market presence, but I wonder if there is any regret to having made such high cost demands. In this scale an style, FTC is just pumping out DC figures and the quality has been up to par as well. The well documented issues are no worse than any other company (I can't count how many Mattel DCUC figures and Toy Biz Marvel Legends broke out of the package for me) and the customer service has exceeded many companies as well.

I think the DST/EMCE venture will work better than some suspect, but it will never see the character release that FTC has done unless it has a long run like Marvel Select (doubtful), and even then, it might not even match the Famous Cover line-up.

Bond is good guess! I don't know if it has been 15 years, but the last SSC Bond figure released had to be early 2000s, back when you could find Sideshow figure at Media Play for a whopping $40!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Well, Mickey's avatar is JAWS. Just sayin'.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
          The Marvel thing is interesting. Not that Marvel is hurting for any market presence, but I wonder if there is any regret to having made such high cost demands. In this scale an style, FTC is just pumping out DC figures and the quality has been up to par as well. The well documented issues are no worse than any other company (I can't count how many Mattel DCUC figures and Toy Biz Marvel Legends broke out of the package for me) and the customer service has exceeded many companies as well.
          The point of the restrictions is that Hasbro and Diamond do not want another $25 Marvel figure available to compete with the figures both are already producing. Basically, Hasbro and Diamond would rather the figures not be made if they were to be priced at $25 to $30, where most 8" figures are being priced. They priced the license so high that if EMCE wanted to make 8" figures, it had to price them at $80 suggested retail to make the margin it wanted.

My take is that Hasbro and Diamond aren't that worried with the FTC Figures as competition because Marvel's brand is so much stronger than DC's, particularly with kids which are Hasbro's primary target.

Hopefully, FTC does so well that Hasbro will see the need to try to be competitive with them in the 8" market and single figures Marvel figures will be maid available at a more reasonable price.
          Last edited by madmarva; Aug 12, '14, 8:15 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

or Hasbro will do it in house. All they have to do is reduce the size of the 9 inch body they used for DC and Marvel to enter that scale.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

^Exactly, but I just don't think the sales will ever be there for that to happen. If selling 2,000 figures of one character is a success to FTC, Hasbro and Mattel would probably need to sell 10x that amount to make it worth their while.

Comment

• rjm118
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 25, 2012

JAWS would be awesome.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Yeah, James Bond seems like a solid guess. What about Star Trek. It is a huge property. Maybe the new Star Trek crew?
                  The new movies could use some decent figures.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

I'd like all 6 Bond actors, Bond girls and villians! 8" and maybe FTC could do 12" Bond like Sideshow!

I had some Sideshow 12" Bond figures, but SSC did not make enough Bond GIRLS! And yes I remember they sold for an ASTRONOMICAL $40 each which I did think was a little high back then compared to the $20 Hasbro Star Wars figures! *SIGH* And Sideshow 12" Star Wars started at $50 each!

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                      Jakks Pacific 20" Star Wars figures were just released, so maybe FTC can get SW license, too!
                      Jakks can do those jumbo figures because Hasbro's license doesn't cover the 20 inch or 31 inch scale.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by argent007
                        Magnum P.I. ? (Bigger than Harry Potter in my book...)
                        What about M*A*S*H?

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

I keep thinking it's all about NECA. If their 8-inch figures move, than Hasbro will notice. They have to be producing 2-3 times the volume of FTC. I think the closest we'll ever get are Marvel versions of the EMCE Uni Monster style. I don't forsee rotocast if Hasbro goes all in, but much more like NECA. That leaves us a huge customizing space to fill.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 14, 2010

My guess is Super Friends and/or Batman the Animated series.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                              Okay not Star Wars although no one knows what the future Holds. And FYI marvel did come by this door but as some have said here, the demands on the License and 8" were high price points on all items. Back to our topic, can't give it out but no one has mentioned anything close at the Moment. Also different scales may be coming around the mountain on many different things.
                              The Moment? Only thing I can think of with that hint is Doctor Who.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 28, 2013

mickeymoosemego quote might have hints in it? "no one knows what the future Holds" or "Also different scales may be coming around the mountain on many different things." Some of the words have capital letters (Holds, License, Moment)?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎