Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

^ I really hope nobody reads this as me disparaging their ideas or wishes for FTC future toylines, But.......I really find many of the hopes/suggestions for future toylines in this 8" niche retro market to be CRAZY GAMBLES...if FTC were to release them. Looking at Teen Titans, Batman 66 series 1 (bigger run I'm sure), & the Dukes all still hanging around, I would be careful about going too obscure when licensing & releasing product. Now if a license like HB is all encompassing & FTC see a small investment is all that's necessary for smaller runs on 8" figures of more obscure cartoon characters, then it would be wise to do them. But when O hear things like BTTF 8" figures, I personally see that as a BIG GAMBLE. The Batman 66, re-mego WGSH, Comanche & Tarzan are all NOSTALGIA-based releases that lend themselves to larger audience IMHO. I see these releases as desired by people wanting their childhood toys to display, to relive their childhood memories by playing w/ them w/ the children in their lives, & DC comic/cartoon/TV/Movie Fans who like the characters & the retro look these FTC toys have.
    *I see the Dukes (which had Mego figs although FTC changed their looks) that has play value somewhat (no General Lee or Cop Cars ruins it for me) sitting around, & it makes me think BTTF retro figs to be boring & not at all exciting to many people looking for that nostalgic excitement. Hot Toys & Funco can get the more dedicated BTTF fans, I worry some of these suggestions just wouldn't lend itself to the success the DC lines seem to be bringing FTC. Then again, this is all 100% my opinion based on 0 research or personal info on projected cost vs possible revenue these more obscure cartoon lines or big movie toy lines could/would effect FTC's bottom line. I just want FTC to focus on what's working & not announce too many things that could potentially affect their continuing to release their aDC products. But if if FTC can manage even more non-superhero/comic retro toylines & still keep up the same amount of DC product while still improving the QC on their current lines, more power to them!

In short (lol):
    *FTC - please don't over-extend yourself. Please don't take too many gambles that could affect or negatively impact your current successful lines. & please keep improving the current announced QC & don't try to take on too much! This is all based on my selfish desire to have FTC succeed! I want FTC to succeed more than ANY other toyline in my life! Even MOTU classics & my re-entry into Toy collecting JLU. I had quit after Famous Covers until JLU was releasing such a HUGE amount of DC characters, I have an obscene JLU collection & can only hope I get at least 20 more DC FTC Mego-like heroes & at least 20-30 more villians! (+important civilians & some secret identities.) Sorry My post is so short & void of my baseless opinions.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

I agree with what Invisiblelad says above. I dont have a clue what works in this day and age, and I am kind of shocked & pleased at the mileage the KISS line has. One costly property that fails could probably hit FTC hard, so their market research needs to be accurate. I hope we get lots of Superfriends and Legion of Doom figures.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 12, 2014

I cant wait to see the new Super Friends figures. What kid didnt watch that show in the 70s? Wonder Twin powers activate.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

As far as Harry Potter is concerned, I think it would be a great move, it would appeal to both adults and kids, which is what toys are all about.
          There are a whole bunch of franchises in the making that (IMO) will be a lot less successful than Potter.

As far as this whole "inside information" thing which has been going on, where a few people act as "spokesman" for FTC (and Defender of the Faith), that whole strategy has worked absolutely counterproductive in my case. It has kept me away from this FTC section, I avoid it completely, due to the behavior of new members who seem to feel that they need to re-educate a place that was running fine without them. I'm sure that FTC will be most pleased with this effect, driving away potential customers, collectors who have been active since Mego started.
          I'll let the circus go back to its regular programming now, don't mind me...
          Expelliarmus!
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            As far as this whole "inside information" thing which has been going on, where a few people act as "spokesman" for FTC (and Defender of the Faith), that whole strategy has worked absolutely counterproductive in my case. It has kept me away from this FTC section, I avoid it completely, due to the behavior of new members who seem to feel that they need to re-educate a place that was running fine without them.
            Interesting...

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              As far as this whole "inside information" thing which has been going on, where a few people act as "spokesman" for FTC (and Defender of the Faith), that whole strategy has worked absolutely counterproductive in my case. It has kept me away from this FTC section, I avoid it completely, due to the behavior of new members who seem to feel that they need to re-educate a place that was running fine without them. I'm sure that FTC will be most pleased with this effect, driving away potential customers, collectors who have been active since Mego started.
              I'll let the circus go back to its regular programming now, don't mind me...
              Expelliarmus!
              I bailed on the EE deal just for those reasons. I had a choice, and decided Mattycollector via MOTUC gets my money this month.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

Why doesn't FTC try 1/4 18" Star Wars figures? Hasbro can make up to 12", Sideshow makes 12", and Jakks Pacific is doing 20" and 31" all plastic Star Wars figures, so would 18" cloth costumed license be available? DST made 18" Star Wars figures a few years ago but the bodies were pipe cleaners! I could go for 18" Mego body Star Wars figures!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

There have been several valid points recently I'd like to add my 2 cents to.

As for the insider information - I see anything that generates interest in FTC and what could be coming up as a good thing. I like playing along with whatever guesses are running hot and heavy. It is all good natured fun and does generate interests and brings back that feeling of shaking a box under the Christmas tree trying to figure out what's inside. I like it.

As for not overextending - I know there are a LOT of obscure figures that could be done with Batman 66. I hope they get a few more of the solid figures out and continue to mix in some obscure one. I'd love to see Batgirl, at least one Catwoman, and I'd love to see Riddler in the green suit and bowler hat. Everything after that is gravy and I'll pick and choose. I'm really looking forward to the Super Friends. I've already planned on a separate shelf each for different versions of the DC Big 3; Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Those are the 3 I'd love to see hit the 18" size.

As for the 18" Size Figures - Other than the Big 3, I'm not sure how many people will buy 18" figures. At that point, they are kinda big to collect a whole set of anything. Storage becomes an issue. That's why I always enjoy the 8" figures. I can get a lot more of them! I do hope that if they do super heroes in that size, they make them with at least the 66 level of detail on the costumes. I probably would not get any of them if they were done as big versions of the original mego figures. I just don't think they would display well.

So, there's my 2 cents on the "big issues of the day".

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎