X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Your personal top ten figures from FTC's revival of the DC license

This turned out to be a bit harder than I thought as I got near the end because I've enjoyed all of them. So I had to pick according to FTC not only nailing the likeness, but also giving me something I never had before like the Batman '66 figures. Here are mine...thus far.

1) RC Batman - My all time favorite Mego and FTC managed to beat the original (IMO). Perfect cowl made from improved materials; excellent vinyl cape that is pliable to fold and perfectly layer on the shoulders - another improvement; And a fantastic backer card with classic artwork altered to advertise the removable cowl. Just an excellent piece all the way around.

2) Kid Flash - Another personal favorite that they nailed and improved upon. Molded the head in flesh tones instead of yellow like Mego did. This meant the mask got painted instead of the skin. Looks better that way IMO.

3) Batman (West) - What can you say? A dream many of us had as kids come to life with quality and style that we never would have gotten from Mego. Beautiful accuracy from the belt and plug in gloves and boots to the wired/poseable cape.

4) Robin (Ward) - Another dream we had perfectly executed with incredible detail to his outfit. Nice likeness and a great partner standing next to West. He had to follow Batman on my list.

5) Joker (Romero) - Now seriously... Did any of us ever believe we would get a figure of Cesar Romero as the Joker? And to get him so perfectly made that the sculptor even included his mustache? A fantastic piece from top to bottom.

6) Alfred - A nice addition to the legacy of heroes. Glad to see him recognized and in classic comic form.

7) Mego Joker - A perfect replica that never looked better. FTC really gave him all the love he so surely deserved in the Mego rebirth.

8) Riddler (Gorshin) - A great addition to the Mego line up and one Frank himself would have been proud to hold.

9) Mego Riddler - Hey. It's hard to pick one without the other! A perfect replica of the classic Mego. An easy pick here.

10) RM Robin - A great figure with awesome artwork on the backer card. A classic illustration tweaked to show the mask off. The mask itself is fragile but I was happy with my fix for that. Another easy pick for my top ten. What are yours?
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Mego Joker and Riddler are both very underrated figures. Joker's suit is absolutely gorgeous, I have never seen an original Joker that looked better. I love Riddler's suit as well, but it being a bit loose detracts from the overall look of the figure a bit and it doesn't pop like Joker does.

I love Kid Flash and love RC Batman, especially love the vinyl cape and love that the colors change, the blues on his costume are dark even purplish indoors in low light, and bright blue outside in sunlight. Superman was always my 2nd favorite Mego after Robin, so I am hoping FTC nails it.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

There's actually two completely different answers to that: top ten of what we've gotten thus far, and top ten based on what's coming.

What we've gotten (not really in order):
      Batgirl: back in the day, the first super gal I got; she was from Wards catalog, so I never got a regular box. Actually keeping this card in lieu of that.
      The Four Titans: have to group these together; the last new Mego heroes I got BITD, so having them again in their original form is great.
      Batman '66: All four. The very first movie I ever saw in theaters was the original release of the '60's Batman movie, and I watched the series in syndication growing up.
      RC Batman/Robin: a tie here. Two of the first four Megos I ever got at K-Mart when they came out, so these have some major nostalgic appeal for me.
      Honorable mention: Alfred would have been a shoe-in for the list, maybe #1, if not for the noggin problems.

As for what we've seen coming down the line:
      Green Lantern, Flash and Hawkman: so terribly long overdue, especially the first two.
      Supergirl: a figure I had a hard time getting BITD
      Ra's Al Ghul: always one of my favorite Bat baddies, the one guy who is a match for Bruce on almost every level.
      Teen titans Cyborg, Starfire and Raven: New Teen Titans is one of my favorite comic books of all times, and Victor Stone a big favorite character.
      Jimmy Olsen: Mr. Action has been an icon of the comics and every other incarnation of the Superman story. Now we just need a Perry White figure to bellow, "Don't call me chief!!!"
      Superboy: there has never been a real way to get a good Superboy out of any existing figures; you'd need a custom made head for certain. Now we have a real one coming.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Scott, after seeing Korak, I'm confident FTC can do a nice job on Superboy.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• figureaddicted
          • Jun 29, 2014

Hmmm. ....a tough one as i dont have Batgirl or Teen Titans yet, but i hope to get some of those soon. As of now this is my list:

1. RC Batman.....it was a pipedream as a kid. Never thought i'd own one ever. Especially an improved version.

2. Mego Joker....my favorite figure as a kid. It will always hold a special place, plus hes my favorite villain ever.

3. Adam West Batman.....its a Hot Toys level figure IMO.

4. Mego Riddler.....another favorite of mine from childhood. Thrilled to see him made so early.

5. Alfred.... a tremendous addition to the line. Cant wait to add Dick and Bruce to the collection just because of him.

6. Penguin.....Great reproduction of a piece of my childhood as well.

7. Catwoman....i never had her as a kid. Although its never been my personal favorite attire of hers, its still a great figure.

8. Romero Joker.......much like the West Batman, i consider this to be a Hot Toys level effort.

9. Mego Robin....dont have the RM Robin, but since i had this one as a kid, it still has quite the nostalgic value.

10. Gorshin Riddler.....always a big fan of Frank Gorshins interpretation of the character. To this day it remains my favorite version of him from a non comic standpoint. Glad to have it in figure form.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Scott, after seeing Korak, I'm confident FTC can do a nice job on Superboy.
            If he comes out with the quality and correct proportions like Korak, I will be thrilled (and likely buy multiples. Gotta have a young Clark to go with him, at the very least).

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

my top 4 are the 66 figures so far, all I've bought. Egghead and Penguin will be coming to my top 6 soon.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 11, 2014

At the Moment I'll go with the TV Show figures. I never thought we would see them especially in 8" form. I've seen so much lately of new and up coming stuff though my favorites change daily. I have a feeling everyone's list will change completely in a year from now. Their are so many surprises coming!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                  The Man of Many Voices
                  • Aug 30, 2005

My top 10 are:

1: RC Batman

2: RM Robin

3: Batgirl

4: Batman Adam West

5: Robin Burt Ward

6: Alfred

7: Joker Caesar Romero

8: Riddler Frank Gorshin

9: Aqualad

10: Catwoman

I purchased blue shorts from Dr. Mego for both the regular and RC Batman figures to give them the Filmation/Super Friends look and they look great.
                  Last edited by filmation batman fan; Aug 6, '14, 5:47 PM.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

Well lets see,so hard to choose,
                    1.Batman -mego
                    2.Robin -mego
                    3.Batgirl-mego
                    4.Joker-mego
                    5-Riddler
                    5-Catwomen
                    6-Penguin
                    7.Batman 66
                    8-robin 66
                    9-Joker 66
                    10-riddler 66

But this can change,those teen titans i got are fantastic.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 14, 2010

Batman 1966
                      Robin 1966
                      Joker 1966
                      Penguin 1966
                      Riddler 1966
                      Egghead 1966
                      Pink Cowl Batman 1966
                      Opera Clown Joker 1966