Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone get the cloth cape with their RC Batman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

Did anyone get the cloth cape with their RC Batman?

Mine came with the vinyl cape even though both websites I bought from had it pictured with the cloth cape.
    Did anyone receive a cloth cape at all?
    The vinyl is cool, but I kinda wanted cloth so it was a little more like the original.
    But no biggie, it's not like the bodies match, or the colors, and no stirrups, haha!
    He looks neat next to my Mego because they are SO different. It like having a modern variant.
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

If you are really worried about keeping it 'original' then just swap the vinyl cape with the cloth one from the Batman in the 1st wave. I love the vinyl cape, hope they stick with it for future Batman figures.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Some Mego Batmans had vinyl capes didn't they?
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
        Some Mego Batmans had vinyl capes didn't they?
        I believe the regular Batman did in later years and the RC Batman never did. That's why I suggested swapping the capes on the Batmen in Waves 1 and 3 if you are really wanting to keep it 'original'.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

The colors seem too far off to really make cape accuracy much of an issue for me. I actually LOVE the vinyl cape. It's so wonderfully cheap.

For those who own the original: Is the cowl of similar material and texture? I always envisioned it as rubbery like the material Robin's boots were made of.

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

I did not open my ctv rc batman
            but the original is/was a very soft rubber material.
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Hedji
              The colors seem too far off to really make cape accuracy much of an issue for me. I actually LOVE the vinyl cape. It's so wonderfully cheap.

For those who own the original: Is the cowl of similar material and texture? I always envisioned it as rubbery like the material Robin's boots were made of.
              From what I remember the texture is similar between the cowl and Robin's shoes but the cowl is a bit softer. I honestly like the feel and softness of the original cowl much more than the helmet like of the FTC version.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji

RC Batman is my all-time favorite Mego from childhood. I remember seeing them for the first time on a spin rack in a checkout lane. I currently own five of them. The original cowl was made of rubber which meant the dye had a tendency to rub off on the nose and cheeks of the Bruce Wayne head. This new one takes that exact mold and converts it to a soft vinyl you have today. Smart move. Looks great and hopefully that solves the staining on the face, so the cowl can stay on! I never knew of any RC versions to come with anything other than a cloth cape and I have to tell you, this new vinyl version is TEN FOLD better. The colors finally match up well and you can fold it back like the Batman '66 cape and it rests evenly on his shoulders. I actually prefer this new one to the original. And with that being my all-time favorite, that's really saying something!

The only differences I ever noticed on the RC Batman was the first edition had either the skinny or large boots; vinyl or cloth shorts; and a emblem that was either a paper sticker or the classic soft stick-on seen on molded cowl versions. The belt could also be either translucent or solid color. Oh, and the costume itself either had stirrups or pull over versions for the feet. I also noticed the earliest versions of the RC Batman had a ribbed quality material to them that you didn't see in later editions. Okay... So there were quite a few differences. But that's my take. Great figure! And I think FTC trumped it. IMO.

Comment

• jayraytee
                  Career Member
                  • May 27, 2011

Thats why to me, I think FTC DC heroes are as good as or sometimes better than original Megos. There is a line drawn somewhere in there between staying 100% accurate to the original and moving into fixing issues that the originals had. If they can find a different material for the cowl that doesn't stain the face, should they be 100% accurate and recreate the original problem or fix it? If they can find a material for the capes that won't fray, should they stay 100% accurate or make the change? If they can find a material for the heads that has no zombie look in its future.. should they be 100% accurate or go with the higher quality material? Same thing with Mr. Mxyzptlk.. recreate the 'mistake' Mego made with the body or fix it and put him on a smaller body? I think you want to recreate the feel and look of Mego figures, but if an improvement in material or scale can be made, they should.
                  My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by jayraytee
                    Thats why to me, I think FTC DC heroes are as good as or sometimes better than original Megos. There is a line drawn somewhere in there between staying 100% accurate to the original and moving into fixing issues that the originals had. If they can find a different material for the cowl that doesn't stain the face, should they be 100% accurate and recreate the original problem or fix it? If they can find a material for the capes that won't fray, should they stay 100% accurate or make the change? If they can find a material for the heads that has no zombie look in its future.. should they be 100% accurate or go with the higher quality material? Same thing with Mr. Mxyzptlk.. recreate the 'mistake' Mego made with the body or fix it and put him on a smaller body? I think you want to recreate the feel and look of Mego figures, but if an improvement in material or scale can be made, they should.
                    Well said!! I agree wholeheartedly.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎