Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customizing vehicles & playsets for Mego figures using non-Mego items?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

Customizing vehicles & playsets for Mego figures using non-Mego items?

Hi all, I build Mego diorama scenes as a hobby of about 10 years and would like to expand them to include more than just figures and various terrains. So, my question is regarding vehicles and playsets for Mego figures. Does anyone know of some modern vehicles which are in a similar scale or could be compatible with the classic Megos?

I want to push the limits and add onto or modify existing vehicles and playsets. Doing things such as adding wood flooring and stone when it's needed. It would be nice to alter color schemes with new paint jobs. I added stucco to a doll house and made a decent building for my Zorro scene.

It's tough to find vehicles which fit the 8 inch Megos. Most of my Megos are the originals, although I've bought a few newer figures from the Classic tv toys site. I frequently search through the vehicles in the toy departments, looking on the boys toy car and girls doll aisles. I've found some doll houses, but the quality of the construction varies.

Best regards, Mel
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

This thread is here by created to serve as a on going updated data base of Mego like sized vehicles. Please feel free to contribute pictures and info of any Mego like sized vehicles that you have seen, found or think can be used for Mego's. Please keep in mind that the term "vehicles" does not have to necessarily
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎