X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Universal Monsters go POP!

I can guarantee at least the Wolfman will make it into my son's room at some point...

It's a perfect night for mystery and horror! The air itself is filled with...monsters! Funko is bringing the legendary Universal Monsters to life in a new Pop! series! Dracula, Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, The Mummy, Creature From the Black Lagoon, and Metaluna Mutant

Chris
    sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Not a fan of Frank and the Bride not having mouths. But all the rest are really cute.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Most Pop figures don't have mouths, so it doesn't bother me as much. It does seem odd among the others shown.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I want the Creature!
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^Most Pop figures don't have mouths, so it doesn't bother me as much. It does seem odd among the others shown.
          I think the lack of mouths on some figures is creepy and they aren't even consistent with it. In the Ninja Turtles set, for example, all four turtles plus Bebop, Rocksteady and Splinter have mouths. But April doesn't. It looks weird and makes her not fit in with the other figures. The lack of a mouth on April made me pass on the whole set. Same with the Bride and Frank. Makes them not fit with the other figures in the set.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The Phantom's white eyes are creepy!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• supes
              For the love of Mego's!
              • Jan 19, 2004

The Creature is a must have!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• zeedox
                Career Member
                • Aug 10, 2007

How about Hyde and Hunchback? I never really counted the Mutant as one of these Monsters as a kid. Even now when I watch When World's Collide they don't seem to really be much of an emphasis like the others.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Ugh, more junk for me to buy.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    The Phantom's white eyes are creepy!
                    Looks like doesn't have eyes at all with the white background...reminds me of that last scene in Jeepers Creepers looking at the boy's facial skin with no eyes....
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Interesting that its the same 8 that EMCE did.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎