X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Kingdom Come Green Lantern kitbash

Is he old Hal Jordan or old Allen Scott? I've read conflicting versions, but I think Allen Scott.

He's a little sloppy, but I kind of like him. Need to add the little straps on his boots.
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

I wish I read some of these storylines.

I really like the armor on gl - cool idea
    what line of figures are yousinf for these? lotr?
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Hey Vinny,
      If you haven't read Kingdom Come, it's a solid, solid book with great art by Alex Ross. It mainly focuses on Superman, but BAtman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel are key to it. GL and Flash and others are background characters with very cool costumes redesigned by Ross.

The figure is from the Mystic Knight line. Derek (MegoSpidey) Combs used one a few years ago to kitbash a cool Dr. Doom figure. He kindly gave me an extra figure he had and I finished off a Doom and thought I might be able to make this guy. The Hutch head is too young, but it kind of reminded me of how GL looked in the comic.

I put some sculppy on the chest to cover some the armor and used the Mattel GL lantern to make the imprint. I glued the FTC mask on Hutch. It was fun to fiddle with.

Comment

• newlyknighted
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 21, 2010

Love that Kingdom Come story! You nailed it!
        I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Looks good, the old balding man head CTVT has would work better for him. He was definitely Alan Scott, there was a no wood reference up on his satellite in the book.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Yeah it's Alan Scott. Although at the end he represents Oa on the United Nations
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Grimjohn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 28, 2011

Sweet! That armor is righteous!
              My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

I read one interview with Ross where he said his idea was that these were the original heroes as they were created in the comics. I've also read where he said Flash and GL's designs were sorta an amalgam, which led to some ambiguity to authors of some articles suggesting it was Hal. But, the design directly incorporates bits of Alan Scott's uniform. Before I had read anything other than the book, it just appeared to be Alan Scott.
                Last edited by madmarva; Jul 30, '14, 8:19 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Inspired Kitbash!

I think Ross did at one point goes on record saying it was Alan Scott, just to skirt the continuity at the time about Kyle Rayner being the current GL, and Hal being Paralax? Am I remembering this correctly? All my KC stuff (including the companion, Wizard Ross special and Comixology) is in storage otherwise I'd look it up.

It's fascinating that even Ross and Waid don't see eye to eye on the characters, which did allow for that ambiguity and give the readers an opportunity to decide for themselves. Didn't Ross for example think of the Flash as kind of an amalgam of all the Flashes as the ultimate extension/avatar of the Speed Force? Whereas Waid made it pretty clear in The Kingdom Kid Flash tie-in that the Flash was Wally (whom he was writing at the time).
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• rob_moz
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 7, 2011

Pretty Bad ***!!!

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                      Inspired Kitbash!

I think Ross did at one point goes on record saying it was Alan Scott, just to skirt the continuity at the time about Kyle Rayner being the current GL, and Hal being Paralax? Am I remembering this correctly? All my KC stuff (including the companion, Wizard Ross special and Comixology) is in storage otherwise I'd look it up.

It's fascinating that even Ross and Waid don't see eye to eye on the characters, which did allow for that ambiguity and give the readers an opportunity to decide for themselves. Didn't Ross for example think of the Flash as kind of an amalgam of all the Flashes as the ultimate extension/avatar of the Speed Force? Whereas Waid made it pretty clear in The Kingdom Kid Flash tie-in that the Flash was Wally (whom he was writing at the time).
                      That all sounds right. There was so much written about Kingdom Come. And part of the fun was some of the speculation. Say what you will about Ross, but his redesigns were so cool, much better than Jim Lee's for the new52 and that was who he parodying to a degree, lol. I believe he was the first person to put Wonder Woman in any kind of armor.

It's too bad Ross and Waid had their falling out. It would be cool to see them work together again.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎