X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Up Close: NECA Ash from Evil Dead 2

A new feature here on the Museum is up close, which is showing off some of the latest arrivals in the growing ReMego movement. Not intended as a review but merely a better look at the product itself for those who haven’t made up their minds. First on the block is the 8″ Evil Dead…

More...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

yeeesh.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Man, that is tempting. Evil Dead 2 was on constant loop for a good four or five years with me and my friends, before we ever knew it was a cult favorite.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Almost a perfect score, except for the eyes.
        The prototype eyes weren't this "bug-eyed" and vacant looking.

But this guy will be mine anyway, if my pre-order arrives as planned.
        Groovy!!!!

Btw, "Up close" is very handy as a tool to decide what to buy, I like it...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
          Almost a perfect score, except for the eyes.
          The prototype eyes weren't this "bug-eyed" and vacant looking.
          I'm tempted to tweak mine. It's the only thing on this otherwise nice figure that mildly bugs me.

Btw, "Up close" is very handy as a tool to decide what to buy, I like it...
          Thanks, that's totally the point. I noticed that I personally never read what a toy reviewer says, I look at the photos and make my own conclusions, their weird biases don't influence me and I can't imagine why anyone would care what i thought about his packaging.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hamonrye
            • Jan 4, 2008

The head sculpt is identical to NECA's 6" figure from 2011, only slightly larger. I'd prefer a more neutral expression but I'm assuming that the style guide is pretty strict.

Pro:
            Unique torso with sculpted claw marks
            Swivel-articulated head

Con:
            Badly angled hip joints, good only for doing the splits
            Fragile deco- two of the shirt buttons fell off almost immediately, and the 'torn' elements of the costume shed loose threads everywhere.

Watch out for:
            Warped or bent chainsaw blade! Packaging twisties may not have been necessary.
            Last edited by Hamonrye; Aug 11, '14, 2:38 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I agree with most of the above.
              1. They really need to fix the leg articulation, or Ash will be riding his invisible horse all the way to Dodge City.
              2. I know the Hills Have Eyes, but Ash could look a little less like he just cut off his own hand with a chainsaw. Wait, that actually happened!
              3. Love the fact that they took the time to paint his torso and arms, but they forgot to paint his elbow pins, which are white. Easily fixed, though.

Other than that, great figure. Who would have thought we'd ever get Evil Dead Megos?
              I love this guy!
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                I noticed that I personally never read what a toy reviewer says, I look at the photos and make my own conclusions, their weird biases don't influence me and I can't imagine why anyone would care what i thought about his packaging.
                Yes! Thank you for writing that.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎