X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

My Modified Batgirl

I finally had a chance to open my FTC Batgirl and make some changes. I hated the short boots, so I ordered a pair from Dr. Mego. The FTC body had the neck issue, so I ordered a few female bodies from Doc Mego too. This is the result:

photo 1.jpg

I think it looks good, crazy hair aside. The issues I have are that I like the FTC female body better than the Dr. Mego one. All of my Doc Mego bodies have a weak right knee joint and the shoulders are not as nice as the FTC body. The joint is different and the FTC body poses better. The FTC body also has a longer pelvis ball joint, which makes her taller. I like the Dr. Mego shorter body, but the suit had to be adjusted for bagginess and it was harder to get her utility belt on. I think I will see if I can safely crack the FTC torso so I can pull the neck post up. If I like it and it holds up once back together, I may switch her back. But having the neck corrected might make her too tall.

Here is Batgirl next to a modified Mattel Batman on a FTC male body:

photo 2.jpg
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Whoa, very nice. Is that the Mattel costume on a FTC body with a pair of added trunks? They both look great. Nice job!

Comment

• willykfg
      Museum Patron
      • Apr 24, 2010

I cracked the torso on my Batgirl from FTC to raise the neck post & it worked out great. I'll try to add a pic later.

Comment

• mego
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 16, 2012

I noticed something similar when I tried switching out one of my KISS figures' bodies. The FTC heads and clothes are certainly tailored to fit FTC bodies. That little bit of difference is pretty noticeable sometimes.
        Last edited by mego; Jul 29, '14, 7:27 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• RobTMego
          Career Member
          • Mar 15, 2013

Very nice, looks great!!

Comment

• plaztekman
            Career Member
            • Apr 27, 2008

much better!
            Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, everyone! I took a pair of tweezers (it's all that was in arms reach!) and pushed the sleeves and pants into the gloves and boots, and that helped with the suit bagginess.

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Whoa, very nice. Is that the Mattel costume on a FTC body with a pair of added trunks? They both look great. Nice job!
              Yes! I did not like how the black trunks were sewn into the Mattel suit, so I covered them up with a pair of blue trunks. I think the suit fits very well on the FTC body. I just need to get a Bat symbol on his chest.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

The correct boots definitely look better.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                  I finally had a chance to open my FTC Batgirl and make some changes. I hated the short boots, so I ordered a pair from Dr. Mego. The FTC body had the neck issue, so I ordered a few female bodies from Doc Mego too. This is the result

I think it looks good, crazy hair aside. The issues I have are that I like the FTC female body better than the Dr. Mego one. All of my Doc Mego bodies have a weak right knee joint and the shoulders are not as nice as the FTC body. The joint is different and the FTC body poses better. The FTC body also has a longer pelvis ball joint, which makes her taller. I like the Dr. Mego shorter body, but the suit had to be adjusted for bagginess and it was harder to get her utility belt on. I think I will see if I can safely crack the FTC torso so I can pull the neck post up. If I like it and it holds up once back together, I may switch her back. But having the neck corrected might make her too tall.

Here is Batgirl next to a modified Mattel Batman on a FTC male body:
                  I used the body from the extra Catwoman I got from wave 1 and just switched it out, and it worked fine. Not sure of the height issue, honestly, because I have her sitting on a Batcycle. The FTC bodies are the same height as the old Mego bodies, though, so if the original Batgirl was okay with the original Bats, these should be compatible, too.

I did the same thing about the boots, as well. I have a feeling Doc Mego may have to do a re-stock on yellow female boots before long.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 11, 2014

I can't remember at this exact moment all the details but Their was an attempt to match the shorter look boot style on the original silk screened version of Batgirl or I think a early release version after that which was very rare with shorter boots. If and when we see Batgirl again ( ) she will have the longer style Boots.
                    Last edited by mickeymoosemego; Jul 31, '14, 2:23 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Not sure I understand that, because it always looked like the silk screened Batgirl had tall "boots" too. But it is good to know that future versions of the character will have longer boots.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

I was lucky enough not to have to completely crack my BG body to get the neck in the right position. I grabbed the upper part of the neck (the part that goes in the head) with pliers and kind of "twist/pulled" it up and out of the neck hole. The shoulder separated just enough to get the neck out but not enough that I had to re-glue it. Turned out great and now my BG has a neck!

Comment

• willykfg
                          Museum Patron
                          • Apr 24, 2010

Originally posted by willykfg
                          I cracked the torso on my Batgirl from FTC to raise the neck post & it worked out great. I'll try to add a pic later.
                          Finally got around to getting the pic:
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎