X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Image needed: Mego Supervator "Jungle Chief" card

Can anyone post a good image of the Supervator's Jungle Chief card?

I can see he's a sort of were-leopard or cheetah; I was wondering about the detailing.

Thank you!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

*bump*--Just because I still want to know.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Here's an image I found just by Googling:
      and your right, it isn't the best:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/epnj175yhkm41ay/jc.png?dl=0

He's on my list to make. I'm thinking he's maybe some sort of "Evil Phantom" type of character,
      and maybe his suit could be a reflection of that?
      Here's a mockup of what I think he would look like, the mask of course would have the cat ears, and would be open faced to show his eyes nose and mouth
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/muxkzmu9ef...ockup.jpg?dl=0
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Thanks, I've examined that pic, too. I've wondered what the inspiration was, to cause Mego to create a new foe for a secondary playset?

He has a OMBC/western clawed necklace but seems half leopard/cheetah. I like your idea of an evil Phantom, maybe a Tarzan enemy--if it's a costume, maybe a white man taking advantage of the Africans.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 3, '16, 2:47 PM.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          ^Thanks, I've examined that pic, too. I've wondered what the inspiration was, to cause Mego to create a new foe for a secondary playset?
          My guess is that Maybe they didn't think Cheetah would appeal to boys who was the primary "sell to" of the WGSH, so they decide to change the sex of the character?
          I've always wondered why they didn't just sub him out for say the Lizard...The Card set already had Joker, Penguin, Mxy, Riddler and the Green Goblin....Lizard would have been a natural fit.

He has a OMBC/western clawed necklace but seems half leopard/cheetah. I like your idea of an evil Phantom, maybe a Tarzan enemy--if it's a costume, maybe a white man taking advantage of the Africans.
          That's kinda of where I was going with it...A Mashup of Kraven the Hunter / Evil Phantom, that helps Drug / Diamond Smugglers run illegal contraband
          through the Congo. A great foe for Tarzan, or even Capt. America ( if America's interests abroad were being affected).

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

A new eBay auction has a different version of the Jungle Chief card I haven't seen.....
            IMG_4662.jpg

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎