• Mar 23, 2008

Those are pretty cool.
    Sammy

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
      Ha! yeah we probably all thought we invented doing it.
      I think I most probably thought that (thinking back on it). lol I am an only child, and none of my friends were doing that to their GI Joes, as far as I know or can recall.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
        These look fantastic! I wonder how well they will sell.

What were sales like for the Gentle Giant Star Wars figures?

- Ian
        I'd hazard a guess that they sold pretty darn good given how deep the character selection was for that series... I think they are well on their way towards the Return of the Jedi figures by now aren't they? Plus stuff like the Wampa.

It will be interesting to see if these hit the right note of nostalgia for the characters beyond the favourites like Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Destro, Baroness etc. The character choices goes pretty deep, and the first series wasn't exactly the most popular of all the characters other than Stalker, Snake Eyes and Scarlett.

On the one hand, my brother the GI Joe RAH collector, feels like Joe RAH is the least serviced amongst the 80's collectors these days since the 25th line folded. Yet for the amount of coin that Gentle Giant is undoubtably going to be asking for these, he says he'd rather spend his money on the current Hot Toys series (I think each figure is about $150?).
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎