Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • figureaddicted
    • Jun 29, 2014

12" Mego question

My memory is kind of hazy here, so please indulge me. I have a little interest in collecting the 12" Star Trek line from TMP. The only 12" megos i had as a kid were Gene and Paul from Kiss. I swear the arms on one of them were straight with no elbow articulation. I never had any other 12 inchers, just 8", so nothing to compare it with. My question is, do the Star Trek figures have straight arms or do they feature elbow articulation. Id like to have them fit in seamlessly with other 12" figures done for Star Wars,Marvel,PoTA etc. If they are straight armed only, i will,most likely, pass on them and concentrate on Playmates 12" Trek figures only. However if they feature comparable arm articulation i woud probably go ahead and pick some up. Thanks for any info.
  • kinostadt
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 14, 2004

All of the male 12" Trek figures have full articulation, including elbow articulation.
    I'm not sure about the Ilia figure though, as I've never owned one. I'm guessing she might have more limited articulation.

Comment

• torgospizza
      Theocrat of Pan Tang
      • Aug 19, 2010

Here's a link to show what body is used on the Trek figures:

Comment

• figureaddicted
        • Jun 29, 2014

Thank you both so much. That clears it up. Guess I'll be jumping on board with a new collection soon!

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Hey, I took that photo! Yes, all the Trek 12" figures had that exact body, except for Ilia. All the Mego 12" females have bodies with straight arms that don't bend at the elbows. The first versions of the KISS figures (except Peter) had the "skinny" bodies with straight arms.

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
            Hey, I took that photo!
            Well, thanks, man! The galleries are a great resource, and sadly often underused.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎