Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

I'd probably see Batman v Superman first on Friday. Maybe a midnight showing. Try and squeeze in Cap 3 on Sunday.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Well, us geeks would see both of course...but a large movie going segment will choose one over the other...many people just go see one or two movies per Summer at the theater.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I'm friggin seeing Batman v Superman first...oh hell yeah, lol.

Don't worry, Cap...I'll see you afterwards...I'm there too.
        sigpic

Comment

• supes
          For the love of Mego's!
          • Jan 19, 2004

I will definately see Batman vs Superman first on thursday early premier, and Cap 3 over the weekend. Can't wait!!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Too dark for me. Someone turn a light on so I can see those bright colors I saw in my childhood comics.

I am FAR from the target market for this. Christopher Reeve and Adam West is where I'm at.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

There is no doubt that Snyder knows how to make cool moments like this. Not sure he knows how to put them together into cool movies. I still have more faith in Cap than in BvS:DOJ... but it was definitely a cool teaser.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I know I'm in the minority but I find the fingerprints of Frank Miller on Superheroes largely overwrought and joyless.
                I hope they inject some humour and positivity into this mix, otherwise it'll be kind of draining.

I do have some faith in Snyder, if you had to make the Watchmen into a two hour movie (as opposed to an HBO mini series), his version was the best I think it really could be.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I get you. I have a hard time separating DKR from Miller's later visits to the DCU, and also the ugliness it brought into monthly super hero comics. I definitely have mixed feelings on this, but I will say the visuals are enticing.

I'm sure Kevin Smith plotzed when he saw this.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I definitely saw a new Batman action figure in the making. As far as the treatment? Still too early to really form an opinion. I will say this - Snyder is sure raising the bar high on these little "moments" (without context). That can do you great justice on opening weekend but undermine the long haul if people come in with too high an expectation. I guess it did what it's suppose to do, but I'm still drawing a question mark on it.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

The video is gone. I missed it.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

I too hope the heroes in the end help brighten a darker world in this movie.

I know this scene is straight out of DKR, but I believe Snyder when he says the film isn't a full-on adaption of DKR.

While I do want Supes and Bats to eventually be allies and even friends in these films, I do want to see them square off before getting down to the crux of whatever crisis they are facing. It's a classic Marvel hero meeting.

Maybe the new writer from Argo will lighten things up or move toward that.

Really that's what Marvel has done so well in its films, having the heroes be tough and cool and conflicted, but still having some fun.

Miller did bring the dark and gritty to super heroes with Dark Knight. But it was kind of fighting fire with fire situation in the comic.

But the idea that the heroes are as much a problem as they are a help, which has been an umbrella plot at DC for at least a decade, is straight out of Alan Moore's Playbook with Miracle Man and Watchmen. Waid and Ross provided a bit more hopeful version with Kingdom Come and Lee and Ditko made a joke of it with JJJameson back in the 60s. It's a good idea and a logical deconstruction - if Gods walk the Earth some folks are going to be crushed. But DC has made it the overriding theme for far too long.

I'm hoping DC can shake it off in the comics and in the films.
                        Last edited by madmarva; Jul 28, '14, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

As said from early on, everything about this - and what WB is doing with DC multiversity in general - is based on the success of the video games. That teaser looks like one of the battle intros from Injustice. And Affleck is so buried in that design, how does he get credit? That could be anyone and I think that's the point.

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

Affleck was brought onboard to play Wayne first, bats second IMO. I remain skeptical but hopeful
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                              I know I'm in the minority but I find the fingerprints of Frank Miller on Superheroes largely overwrought and joyless.
                              I hope they inject some humour and positivity into this mix, otherwise it'll be kind of draining.

I do have some faith in Snyder, if you had to make the Watchmen into a two hour movie (as opposed to an HBO mini series), his version was the best I think it really could be.
                              Count me in your minority.

What did we see? Batman and Superman meet and… stare at each other? That was enough to get a theater of fans to melt? This is remarkable only for its historical context, being the first cinematic meeting of the two. Nothing in that teaser stands out as being unique or new. On the contrary, it feels like tired slavishness to a comic that is almost 30 years old now.

Come on, this is really low hanging fruit. The tone is so obvious, and channeling Miller is easy. Give me, you, or any 12 year old a camera and crew, and we would've all yielded something just as good, if not better.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                                Give me, you, or any 12 year old a camera and crew, and we would've all yielded something just as good, if not better.
                                I highly doubt that.

Not a shot at you...but I took filmmaking back at SF State (August Coppola was the dean at the time)...and I can tell you from experience...everyone there (including me)...thought we were all Martin Scorsese...when the sad reality was...NONE of us were...is that one lone talent that comes out shinning out of the herd of wannabees, that could potentially be a good filmmaker. And yes...luck is part of it too.

My point, easier said than done, my friend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎