X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

New animated Justice League film to be released in 2015

The movie, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, is set to feature an original plot, both written and directed by Bruce Timm.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

I really enjoyed Timms animated stuff and will be glad when it comes. I hope there is a departure from the funky designs of War and Son of Batman. That being said I really liked Doom and the character designs. Those two shorts of his they released for the 75th Batman anniversary were really cool despite their short length

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Anyone heard if this is set in the continuity of the old animated series?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

I've not read if it is in continuity with the animated series. I'm guessing it might be closer to the New52 stuff for synergy sake. It seems the TV shows and films are going that direction in many ways.

I hope Timm uses Hal Jordan in this one since he was only able to get Hal in for a portion of one adventure.

I'd also like to see Aquaman And Captain Marvel used.

But it will probably be whatever characters WB is using in the JLA movie.

Of course, Timm is a big Kirby fan. maybe the New Gods will be in it with Darkseid and His goons being the monsters.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Gods and Monsters now being turned into a series. Sounds like Injustice: The Animated Series

Machinima, an online network that mostly targets younger males, has secured the exclusive rights to a three-part animated “Justice League” series from Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment. “Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles” will launch in the spring of 2015. “Chronicles” is said to revolve around a newly conceived reality in the DC universe where […]

Machinima, an online network that mostly targets younger males, has secured the exclusive rights to a three-part animated “Justice League” series from Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment.

“Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles” will launch in the spring of 2015.

“Chronicles” is said to revolve around a newly conceived reality in the DC universe where Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are much darker versions of the superheroes that people know.

The digital series is based on “Justice League: Gods & Monsters,” an original animated film executive produced by Bruce Timm and co-produced by Alan Burnett that will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment later in 2015. Timm and Burnett both collaborated on “Batman: The Animated Series.”

The “Chronicles” episodes will debut weeks before the launch of the film on home entertainment platforms.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I don't need more "dark" versions of my heroes. They ones out right now are dark enough. BUT, it's Timm and Burnett, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I'm in for just about anything Timm or Burnett are involved with, but I'm with Chris, how much bleaker can you get than the new52 and Injustice?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I am not expecting much out of this. Right now I am so confused with DC that I just need to stop trying. I have even stopped getting Aquaman. If it were not for the Multiversity I would not be getting any DC Comics.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡