Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megomania
    This leads me to believe a) you don't have any details or b) you don't have any details but like us to think you do.

I'll go with a and b.
    Instead, you might want to go here and read EMCE Hammer's post - http://megomuseum.com/community/show...hammer+anthony
    Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Jul 29, '14, 8:26 PM.

Comment

• megomania
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      Instead, you might want to go here and read EMCE Hammer's post - http://megomuseum.com/community/show...hammer+anthony
      I've seen no beans spilled.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide

Thanks ThePlayerOntheOtherSide,. FYI: to some who want to argue, I won't be arguing with any board members period. Someone had ask me on this subject and I posted what I could. Sorry I won't and can't give out FTC manufacturing info. I am on this board for the fun and enjoyment of people who like Mego's and FTC Products. Lets try and have some fun folks these are just toys.

Comment

• TomStrong
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2011

^good attitude Mickey! I come here for the positive atmosphere and MEGOS. If I wanted negativism I'd watch the news.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
            Looks like we do have some good folks here with some great knowledge. I can't list all the exact details but just to let everyone know on the all new figures the Proto's are sculpted in larger scale.
            A lot, if not most, smaller scale figures like this are sculpted larger (often twice the size, called a "two-up"). Again, from what I've read of the process, the larger piece is then shrunk down by a pantagraph, where someone goes over every inch of the sculpt and the results are used to scale the piece down appropriately and then burn the steel mold. Ideally, if the figure were a 6" figure, the prototype would be 12" and the process would cut the size in half, but this is where the plastic shrinkage as it cools has to be accounted for, so the mold would have to be a certain percentage bigger than what the final piece should be to compensate. Now that means you have to be pretty precise on the exact percentage of shrinking, otherwise parts won't go together quite right. THere's been a problem with Mattel's Masters of the Universe Classics line where suddenly the armors are coming out too big for the figures, whereas in the past they fit fine. I strongly suspect this is an example of the problem above, where they began to use a cheaper plastic which doesn't shrink as much as the old did, and yet the molds are still being made according to the old percentages. The result is bloated armor that makes everyone look like they's been pigging out between battles with Skeletor. I know it has to be tricky, as many figures are made from different formulations of plastic (hard, semi-soft, soft vinyl, etc) and getting all of those to come out exactly the right size to go together must take a lot of know how (and some decent math skills).
            Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 30, '14, 7:53 AM.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
              Thanks ThePlayerOntheOtherSide,. FYI: to some who want to argue, I won't be arguing with any board members period. Someone had ask me on this subject and I posted what I could. Sorry I won't and can't give out FTC manufacturing info. I am on this board for the fun and enjoyment of people who like Mego's and FTC Products. Lets try and have some fun folks these are just toys.
              Great attitude Mickey, and unfortunately a sometimes necessary attitude here. We appreciate your info, your insights and your love of Mego.

Comment

• ribefex
                Museum Patron
                • Dec 19, 2008

Returning to the thread theme and, regarding the Batman 66 line, I think Batman's head is a little big. Robin and Riddler are perfect in size and scale. And the Joker is a bit small, pointed because it lacks some volume to his sculpting hair.
                Ah! And I think that all of their gloved hands (of either type) are also a bit small, specially the fingers that are too short.
                I love all of them anyway. And very much!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎